Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 10:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times

Advertisements

I had something like this happened recently, sort of. I know this couple who was getting married and they literally invited everyone I knew who they did but didn't invite me or my parents. They kept posting photos of the big wedding everyone was invited to except us. First it was Facebook then they started emailing people and apparently I was on their mailing list because in the past my parents were invited to their parties. The odd thing is I know for a fact that some of the people invited weren't even close and they didn't even know long. I just delete the photos on my email and ignore on Facebook.

If it's a random party I may ignore but probably wouldn't get offended about. If I didn't know the people wouldn't think much of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 12:35 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
Sometimes or probably a lot of times people are basically POS's....

Old 05-25-2015, 04:03 AM

269 posts, read 370,921 times
I've had this happen, on FB. I asked the host what happened to my invite after I saw a pic. He said he forgot to invite me.

To be fair he had mentioned the party to me a few days before it happened and said he was going to invite me. But I never got one and assumed it was cancelled. Either I was truly forgotten, or he purposely left me out - neither scenarios are good IMO. I was offended and I definitely would have been in OPs situation as well.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:07 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
I think it seems intentionally hurtful. You could ignore it, pretending you never got it, which might aggravate him back. Or you could text back "Dude! Where's the party? I'm on my way!" Either way I don't think he deserves much thought.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:14 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Seriously, stop acting like this person is pacing his living room in tears, fists pounding over a party picture. Admitting that something made you feel bad is hardly "getting worked up". Sheesh, drama queen often?

What I don't get is why anyone would criticize this poster for admitting that he felt left out, while automatically assuming that the person sending him the picture is an innocent bystander. As these forums do such a good job demonstrating, the world is full of dicks. People--especially insecure people--make dick moves all the time, fully intending to put other people down. Is that the case in this situation? No one knows, but it's certainly entirely possible.

To the OP, like I said before, not knowing either of you personally, I can't tell you whether your feelings are justified. But I can tell you that life is short and the world is big. Fill your space with people who lift you up, dump the ones who bring you down. Unless, of course, EVERYONE brings you down. Then you might have to start thinking it could be you.
No one said the sender of the photo was an innocent bystander. Posters here are questioning why the original poster is so upset by a photo sent from someone he (the original poster) already stated was a "user" and not a real friend.

PS ~~ Burgler is not a "Queen".

Old 05-25-2015, 09:37 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
Honestly, even if they are just sending a picture of them having fun, why would they feel the need to send a picture at all? If you are really having fun, then you (at least I) wouldn't be thinking, "Let me take out my phone and absorb myself in social media"..,
Haha, when I see Facebook posts saying, "OMG having so much fun with the girls tonight!" I always think, "Well, you can't be having THAT much fun if you're sitting here on Facebook." LOL

I think it's a matter of tone and frequency. I'm guilty of posting photos of things I'm doing, including, yes, my meal if I'm at a nice restaurant. I don't post everything I do, it just depends on the situation. On the flipside, I enjoy seeing pictures of places my friends go, especially vacation and travel, because they give me ideas of things to do and I know who to talk to if I ever want to go there.

Whether it bugs me or not depends completely on the person. OP, I'll bet if you think about it, you have other friends who could have sent you the exact same picture and you wouldn't have thought twice about it. C'mon. We know our friends. And we know the ones who are posting just to be social and the ones who post because they're trying to make a statement. When it comes to the latter, I've taken those people off my news feed because they bug me. Whether or not they intend to bug me doesn't really matter. They do, so I lose them.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:43 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Unless it was his party, than you're overreacting.

The problem today(especially younger people) is they just can't go somewhere and do something without posting it online. Can't just go the party and have fun, have to tell everyone they know(as if most people care).

Can't be in the moment, have to text or take selfies all the time.
Agreed. If it was his party, then what he did was/is just plain rude.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:38 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
Yup, exactly. Trust me I am not pacing around about this. I just needed a place to anonymously ask others if my feelings are justified and this is a great place to do that.
Your feelings are what they are. You felt alone and left out. You have an acquaintance that you now realize is not a good friend. This is a sign to start looking around and finding new social outlets and better people. Best to you.

It sucks to be left out. It sucks more to have someone fling it in your face.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:09 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
This is why some people have the phone basket. You put your phone in it when you arrive and get it back when you leave. That way no one can be sending pictures to people that weren't invited or sit in a corner and text.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:25 PM

933 posts, read 1,477,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
This is why some people have the phone basket. You put your phone in it when you arrive and get it back when you leave. That way no one can be sending pictures to people that weren't invited or sit in a corner and text.
LOL! I love it! That is actually forcing someone to be sociable at a social event!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships