Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 09:55 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,283,899 times

Advertisements

Proud drug user here. Life not ruined. "Score" one for drugs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 01:05 AM

1,844 posts, read 2,424,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Does it bug anybody else when you are apart of a conversation with 2-3 other people or hanging out, then they start talking about getting high? Or talking about wanting to go to ravers? I was hanging out with my sister and cousins and they were having a conversation about doing drugs and their "experience" and how "funny" it was to be given pot candy at a movie and getting high from it. My cousins boyfriend also mentioned trying pot and how it tasted like sand. It was just annoying because the whole conversation centered around drugs. Also, there was another time when my sister and her friends were talking about how they had cocaine brownies delivered to their apartment, but it wasn't for them, it was for some guys on the baseball team at college.

It just makes me uncomfortable and irritated when people talk about drugs and partying. Is anybody else the same way, or am I just weird?
Not weird. People who need clearances as a condition of employment cannot afford to be associated with people who use drugs.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:16 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,846 times
Cannabis ("marijuana") lowers blood pressure & treats diabetes, too. About 250 medical uses known so far. No known deaths despite over 1 billion using it since Genesis. Some of the benefits can be had by smoking it, but for using it to cure cancer & some other fatal illnesses, it must be in oil form. Cannabis was in pharmacies at least by early 1850s until as late as 1937. Pill companies pay to keep no deaths cannabis illegal, but pills used as directed kill about 265,000 a year in US. I want a right to use what's safest & most effective. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The only drugs I want to talk about is medical drugs like insulin and blood thinner pills. So I hang around with other people my own age. Never did smoke cigarettes and never used illegal drugs.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:34 AM

26% in 1 poll of people who say they smoke cannabis for medical reasons say they are using it to treat depression. Depression causes over 41,000 annually in US to commit suicide, with anti-depressant pills sometimes causing people to commit suicide. Pill makers admit that now. Also there are no pills that are good for controlling anger (which may lead to violence). One person who called himself a "recreational" user thought about my belief that all use is medical, decided he used it to control anger. It also helps with anxiety, & many physical pains. I suppose there are some who always feel good without it, or like pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I have some friends on Facebook whose posts are 50% all about drugs. WTH folks, get some other interests. When its all "im out of gas, come help me, hey im bored lets party" split with "OMG pot is so awesome, and I tried it with adderal!". Sorry folks, get a life, stop partying so you can afford gas, and go spend some time with friends. I've tried pot when it became legal here, its nothing that awesome that it needs to be that large of a part of your life.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:21 AM

Nobody ever runs out of good brain cells by smoking cannabis. It actually is known by those who study it that it can destroy defective cells & replace them with healthy new ones. Sometimes there is an increase in healthy cells from using it. Pittsburgh Youth Study said those who were daily users from age 14 were no worse off 25 years later, mentally or physically, compared to those who abstained. Lots of people have used it daily for 40-50 years & have no health problems from use & are otherwise seemingly normal.

Amotivational syndrome is something that some have before they start using it & probably some remain unmotivated due to a condition like mine, extreme anxiety & major depression caused by a neurological disorder from birth that sends signals of discomfort from all over my body to my brain 24/7. When there was some good strain of cannabis available here maybe a dozen years ago, it made my whole body numb, which seemed to make my anxiety & depression go away. Pills keep me tired but give me a few hours of fitful sleep. Besides, withdrawal can be fatal, so legal doesn't mean good. We all have different needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
I've known people who were SO fried, I had to wonder how they were able to dress themselves. I've known drunks who were lushes for years, and I wonder the same about them, too. In all my experiences, the drug users were a lot worse than the drunks. Even years after they stopped. It's amazing how they are able to function, I think even they are surprised.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:42 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I think they are messing with you. Cocaine brownies? I'd bet they are just as inexperienced as you. Pot taste like sand? c'mon...
Yeah, they are full of crap; never tried it and trying to act like they did.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:48 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
I think you need to find new people to have conversations with.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:58 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,424,256 times
It's always annoying when people assume you do drugs or are interested in hearing about it.

I'm a lot older than you and get teed off at those who try to get me to admit some wild partying past that I never had. Ya know everyone our age did drugs! What?

When the bartenders at the Button South saw me walk in they put on a pot of coffee!

Old 08-26-2015, 05:43 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,653,067 times
People who talk to you about those things are just trying to find out if you are into those activities. I just put it up front right away that I'm not into that.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
I don't like that either since I don't use any kind of drug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships