Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 08:43 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,426,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You know what? You sound immature. We all can get our buttons pushed by our parents, no matter how old we are, but eventually you learn to let it roll off. You need to keep your sense of humor and don't let her get to you.

All you need to do is agree with her, and avoid her as much as possible. If you rely on her for money, or shelter, or meals, stop it. If you want to be respected, then you must be independent.
First off. How I'm am immature?

Second off, did I say I rely on her for money?
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-21-2015 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Might be bad to you but thats just how it is. I was in my mid 30s when my dad passed and until the day he died I was a little kid to him. You just have to not think of yourself but be respectful of how THEY, your parents, see you (which is always, good or bad, as their child).
Treating an 7 year old as a 7 year old is one thing , but treating an 20, 30 or 40 year old as a 7 year old?

That's bad. And it will cause your "child" to get a way from you and just see you as a person that has problems.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Get your money right.

Pay your own bills.

Find a good woman.

You will be fine.
reread the post again.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelti12 View Post
Why care so much?

You can either put up with it, because she is your mom and did raise you. She doesn't have to see eye to eye with you.
Or you can stop trying to prove anything to her. I'm 27, my mother and I have been at each others throats since I was a teen. I went through a spell for a several years where I just stopping trying to get along. Now we've reconnected as adults and it isn't so bad.

Moderator cut: deleted.
Moderator cut: deleteShe's jealous because probably she haven't been around me long enough

By the way, I haven't been staying with her .

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-21-2015 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: deleted your response to a deleted part of quote

Old 09-20-2015, 09:04 PM

493 posts, read 512,406 times
My mom treats me like im a kid. I don't care it doesn't bother me anymore. You either deal with her or don't at all don't complain.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalkiki View Post
My mom treats me like im a kid. I don't care it doesn't bother me anymore. You either deal with her or don't at all don't complain.
Mother or no mother. Its still not right.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:19 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Treating an 7 year old as a 7 year old is one thing , but treating an 20, 30 or 40 year old as a 7 year old?

That's bad. And it will cause your "child" to get a way from you and just see you as a person that has problems.
It's possible that since you say you haven't been around her much while growing up, she really doesn't know how to relate to you as anything but a child. In some weird way she seems like she's trying to assert her authority over you.

She can't engage you if you don't take her bait. Ignore her comments.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
It's possible that since you say you haven't been around her much while growing up, she really doesn't know how to relate to you as anything but a child. In some weird way she seems like she's trying to assert her authority over you.
Exactly.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post

She can't engage you if you don't take her bait. Ignore her comments.
Besides that, let's say if there's something that has to be done and when she's around and I make a good suggestion or idea, shell criticize that and fuss about it like it's stupid. If someone said the same thing what I said, shell listen. Or shell act like she knows everything. She basically wants to be the the know-it-all-because-I'm-mother-and-older person.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:44 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
Do you really want a relationship with her? She doesn't sound like a pleasant person to spend time with. Why don't you just tell her that when she's ready to treat you like an adult, she knows where to find you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships