Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 08:41 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
I have my own place. And before that I haven't been around mother as much mostly been staying with relatives and family members.

Every time I make a good suggestion or good idea, others would agree. Yet if its to mom. She gets and auttitube and criticize my intelligence and start saying stuff like " oh you want to do what you want to do" " how you make decisions?".

And after getting my own place, she fuss and complain about that.

Tell others and brainwashed them that I don't know what I'm doing and know nothing .

This year we both took the cdl test at a local dmv. I passed all parts including the driving part and got a cdl. Mom on the other hand didn't past the first part of the test.

Also, depending on a subject , if I say something that is right and true like for instance there's different types of cdls while she says there's only one. Shell say I nothing about it even though I would say to here to look it up if she does not believ me

And when someone tells her otherwise, shell try to justifyvjustify her guilt .

Plus she got a good husband who has a house. She still fuss about me and other stuff .
So. Avoid her and carry on with your life.

You are allowing her to continue to treat you this way, put a stop to it or qit complaining about something you can control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:50 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,025,059 times
I'm "team mom". The tone he uses when people offer advice is not exactly one that is conducive to productive dialogue. Imagine how it would feel to be the parent!!

He says she is jealous of him... I am willing to bet that she has a whole other side to this issue, this is a son that openly resents his mother, works part time as a security guard, just got his license and the whole point of this thread is what his stepfather of 2 months thinks of him. If his mom is asking if he has money in his account, it may be because she has a good reason to be concerned. Same with the question about why he isn't using his car, there is likely something about her questions that make sense to her.

If she helps him financially, those questions about his banking and his car make sense. If she doesn't, why does he continue to see her on a regular basis now when he didn't before.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:49 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,426,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
I'm "team mom". The tone he uses when people offer advice is not exactly one that is conducive to productive dialogue. Imagine how it would feel to be the parent!!

He says she is jealous of him... I am willing to bet that she has a whole other side to this issue, this is a son that openly resents his mother, works part time as a security guard, just got his license and the whole point of this thread is what his stepfather of 2 months thinks of him. If his mom is asking if he has money in his account, it may be because she has a good reason to be concerned. Same with the question about why he isn't using his car, there is likely something about her questions that make sense to her.

If she helps him financially, those questions about his banking and his car make sense. If she doesn't, why does he continue to see her on a regular basis now when he didn't before.
Smh.....

Let me clear this up

First off, the "license" I said about is the CLASS B CDL. I've BEEN had my first (CLASS E) drivers license which I got on my own . Same with the CDL with my OWN MONEY.

2nd. The vehicle I have, I bought it , with my OWN MONEY. This is my second vehicle I have got with my own money. I pay my own insurance by the way and gas.

3rd. I have not Ben staying with my mother since late 1999 to 2000....which was in 6th grade! Before and after that majority or most of my life, I've been staying with relatives(Grandparents and Aunts).

4th. Long before I got my own place, I've been paying bills before that while staying with a relative. It might have not been my own place however it was half mines.

5th. When I say my mother is jealous. Let me put it like this. If I go somewhere and she ask where I'm at and I tell her(like a club , grocery store, friends house or other etc) all he'll breaks loose. Which I'm like F-off. Along with getting pissed off criticizing my intelligence if or whenever I come up with an idea along with common sense with decision making(depending on a situation). While if it is with someone else and with a relative like my great aunt of mines, they would admire that.

Its like captain of a cheerleading squad that expects to know everything more than the cheerleaders on the captains squad. Along with getting the most attention. But, when the person that is on the team that is not a captain surpasses the captain on the team , the captain with have a b**ch fit and get issed and start complaining.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:58 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,426,350 times
Quote:

And as for asking about my bank accounts and stuff like that, why should I tell you? Parents useand think the title "mom" or "dad" gives them the right and excuse to get into your doings and be nosy. Especially if they can't do it to others. I'm like foff.

Their not helping you, their helping themselves

Old 09-23-2015, 08:07 AM

82 posts, read 88,509 times
She sounds like an empty narcissist like my grandmother. I moved out at 18 and have seen her under a half dozen times in the last 4 years since I moved out, each time for less and less duration. It's now been well over 6 months since I've seen her and I have moved halfway across the country as well. After I got the last of my things from her house, including pictures of my deceased mom, I quit answering her phone calls completely. She still tries to call every few weeks but I let my voicemail fill up so she can't even leave me a voicemail. You can't reason with someone who doesn't understand boundaries.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:56 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,025,059 times
Still "team mom" on this one.

OP why do you still have contact if you hate her so much? Every single reference to her is a derogatory term or "foff". If she's actually as horrible as you say, and you are actually completely independent, why are you continually in contact? It can't be a picnic for her either.

I strongly suggest you get some counselling. You can't change your mother, but even on this thread you are very quick to anger, respond aggressively, and don't seem to be able to consistently articulate your needs.

Even if the problem is solely her, this pattern is likely to reappear in other relationships (and from your description, it's a bit of a complex family dynamic). Healthy relationships DO have people asking about each others' lives, often in ways that test our boundaries.

My mother was not great with boundaries, but I didn't go to "she's jealous", I assumed that she was doing her best even when it bugged me. She's been dead over 10 years, and like other posters here I would give anything for even a single annoying question from her.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:48 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Still "team mom" on this one.

OP why do you still have contact if you hate her so much? Every single reference to her is a derogatory term or "foff". If she's actually as horrible as you say, and you are actually completely independent, why are you continually in contact? It can't be a picnic for her either.

I strongly suggest you get some counselling. You can't change your mother, but even on this thread you are very quick to anger, respond aggressively, and don't seem to be able to consistently articulate your needs.

Even if the problem is solely her, this pattern is likely to reappear in other relationships (and from your description, it's a bit of a complex family dynamic). Healthy relationships DO have people asking about each others' lives, often in ways that test our boundaries.

My mother was not great with boundaries, but I didn't go to "she's jealous", I assumed that she was doing her best even when it bugged me. She's been dead over 10 years, and like other posters here I would give anything for even a single annoying question from her.
Absolutely, and I would do the same just to hear her voice again, I miss her so much.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:56 AM

112 posts, read 141,546 times
Your old enough to take care of ur self I guess, no excuse but she is showing you her love and affection and how much she cares about you so I don't see a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships