Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 05:44 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,418,228 times

Advertisements

I have my own place. And before that I haven't been around mother as much mostly been staying with relatives and family members.

Every time I make a good suggestion or good idea, others would agree. Yet if its to mom. She gets and auttitube and criticize my intelligence and start saying stuff like " oh you want to do what you want to do" " how you make decisions?".

And after getting my own place, she fuss and complain about that.

Tell others and brainwashed them that I don't know what I'm doing and know nothing .

This year we both took the cdl test at a local dmv. I passed all parts including the driving part and got a cdl. Mom on the other hand didn't past the first part of the test.

Also, depending on a subject , if I say something that is right and true like for instance there's different types of cdls while she says there's only one. Shell say I nothing about it even though I would say to here to look it up if she does not believ me

And when someone tells her otherwise, shell try to justifyvjustify her guilt .

Plus she got a good husband who has a house. She still fuss about me and other stuff .

Last edited by Blackandgold51; 09-20-2015 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 07:34 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Get used to it. In your parent's eyes you'll always be 15.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Get used to it. In your parent's eyes you'll always be 15.
And that's bad

Old 09-20-2015, 08:09 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Might be bad to you but thats just how it is. I was in my mid 30s when my dad passed and until the day he died I was a little kid to him. You just have to not think of yourself but be respectful of how THEY, your parents, see you (which is always, good or bad, as their child).

Old 09-20-2015, 08:22 PM

483 posts, read 654,760 times
Why care so much?

You can either put up with it, because she is your mom and did raise you. She doesn't have to see eye to eye with you.
Or you can stop trying to prove anything to her. I'm 27, my mother and I have been at each others throats since I was a teen. I went through a spell for a several years where I just stopping trying to get along. Now we've reconnected as adults and it isn't so bad.
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-21-2015 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-20-2015, 08:23 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
As an adult, you can limit the amount of time you spend with negative people, even your mother. I've had to learn to do this over the years. It doesn't damage the relationship, it helps your parents realize that you're a person with your own life. The more toxic your mother is to her, the more busy you should be and the less time you should have available with her. If her phone calls are always negative, start texting her instead (even better if she has an old phone with no keyboard). If her visits go on too long or include her criticizing your house and belongings, start meeting her for a meal at a restaurant instead of having her over.

Sometimes it's totally unhealthy to just respect the way your parents think of you and take their crap for your entire adult life. My mother thought of me as her unpaid servant who would always be there to do the things she didn't want to do. When I moved out, she thought that I'd come over every time I had a day off to do all of those things. I had to learn to say no to her. I still have problems setting boundaries, but our relationship is much better now than it would be if I were still letting her treat me like her child and order me around.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Once you have a job pay your own way she will let go
as long as she gives u money you are in a child parent relationship
I'm guessing that is the issue

Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Get your money right.

Pay your own bills.

Find a good woman.

You will be fine.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:30 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
You know what? You sound immature. We all can get our buttons pushed by our parents, no matter how old we are, but eventually you learn to let it roll off. You need to keep your sense of humor and don't let her get to you.

All you need to do is agree with her, and avoid her as much as possible. If you rely on her for money, or shelter, or meals, stop it. If you want to be respected, then you must be independent.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Once you have a job pay your own way she will let go
as long as she gives u money you are in a child parent relationship
I'm guessing that is the issue
Its not that simple of problem.
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-21-2015 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: rude response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships