Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 09:46 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times

Advertisements

Ive only reported "bad" two or three times, and it was pretty bad. I'm an easy going person.
It was over the top, borderline, insult is what determined the report.

Many more times I have said good things through company website. I just praised a young guy who didn't force me to suffer the sales pitch at aModerator cut: deletedue to time and me in no mood to hear it at that point in time. He got a tip and a positive email just for working with me.

Sometimes I have to remember, I might sound like I have an attitude to the person on the other end of the line. It's human nature to respond as such . . .

I prefer positive over negativity
Usually works out overall, but reporting not totally off the table

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-21-2015 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: deleted Company name as it is not allowed

Old 09-21-2015, 09:57 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
I rarely report representatives when I am calling call centers. I worked in a call center one time, and it was the worst job I ever had by far: boring, sedentary, unsatisfying, and unmotivating. But that's not the reason I wouldn't report them. It's because it's unlikely the person would get disciplined anyway, companies frequently have calls routed to multiple huge call centers located in different states/countries, so if I call more than once, I won't even get the same call center, and last, even if I ask for the rep's supervisor, I can't know for sure I'm talking to an actual supervisor and not the clown sitting in the next cubicle just pretending to be the supervisor. I also dislike calling companies via call centers because you often get conflicting responses from reps. If I call someone and they are an idiot who doesn't know anything, I don't bother asking for a supervisor; I just call back again, get a different representive, and usually get someone who gives me the answers I seek.

Lastly, if you call an Indian based call center, I get very irritated when speaking to reps who don't know English well, and I'm even Indian myself! I've tried speaking Bengali to these reps a couple of times, but since Bengali is not the Indian national language (though widely spoken), it's a crap shoot on whether I'll get a rep who can communicate with me in that language. So far I haven't had any luck with Bengali either.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:09 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It depends on the situation. If the customer service rep is doing the best they can, and makes an honest mistake, I won't report it. But if they're nasty or rude or surly to me, then yes I'll report it.

Unfortunately, dealing with irate customers comes with the territory in a job like that. The ones who try hard and make the best of it have my respect; the ones that dish back the nastiness they receive will get reported.

I strongly suggest that you rethink your answer. I wouldn't want to put with customers like this, not would anyone else..

Old 09-21-2015, 10:15 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
On the other side of the coin, do u feel there is any sincerity when the CSR tells you "I am sorry".....and u can tell they are reading from a script?

Do they really go home, emotionally committed to me, the customer, and genuinely feel my pain because my cable box is broken and I can't get the one time only Presidential debate, or is it part of a "tell them anything just to get rid of them and pretend that we care" script?

If it comes later in the conversation, and a genuine attempt to help me, I can tolerate it. If it comes right up front..."I am sorry you are having a problem and I am here to try to help you", I just want to jump through the phone and throttle them.

You?

Old 09-21-2015, 10:24 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post

Lastly, if you call an Indian based call center, I get very irritated when speaking to reps who don't know English well, and I'm even Indian myself! I've tried speaking Bengali to these reps a couple of times, but since Bengali is not the Indian national language (though widely spoken), it's a crap shoot on whether I'll get a rep who can communicate with me in that language. So far I haven't had any luck with Bengali either.
Not only do they often not speak English clearly, but they will give you a name such as "Mike" when you ask for one. I recently went through a very annoying round of calls to theModerator cut: delete All were routed through India. When I couldn't make "Arnold" understand, he gave me to his supervisor "Al". And then I gave up.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-21-2015 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Deleted Company name as it it not allowed

Old 09-21-2015, 10:39 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
On subject of "India," I swear, is it just me or do you swear that when you talk to a female, she sounds exxxactttlyy like the one you talked to last time. Their voices/accents sound the exact same, weirrrd...

On the subject of the question from OP, I'm one of those people that always want to give someone a second chance. I am very, very non-confrontational. But basically, it boils down to this, do they deserve to be reported. If they are not doing their job and seem to purposely not be doing their job right, or being rude, etc., they they should probably be reported.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:19 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
A person I know commented something about poor customer she received (who is coincidentally a low paid retail worker herself) and that she was going to report that person to the business. Unless it was particularly egregious, I don't want to put someone's livelihood potentially on the line about bad service.

What's your thought on this?
Just because she makes less than you does not make her a less person.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:25 AM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
[/b]

I strongly suggest that you rethink your answer. I wouldn't want to put with customers like this, not would anyone else..
I have already said that I did not word my post properly, and I am not condoning being rude to service workers. However, one of the pitfalls of working with the public is that even if they (the public) are rude to you (customer service employee), that is not an excuse for you to be rude back. Holding your tongue, and not giving in to provocation, is a useful life skill; and I can think of few more effective training grounds than being employed in customer service.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:33 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
All these self righteous responses! Yes, a customer service rep should be polite and pleasant but SO MANY customers are not. After taking dozens of angry and abusive calls, your aggressive or rude call may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Chalk it up to them having a bad day and forgive. But instead, you want them to lose their job?????????

Having worked as a customer service rep for years, I can't begin to tell you the disrespectful and abusive way people talk to you. I've been sworn at, screamed at, insulted and experienced incredible rudeness, all while trying to help them. Everyone has their saturation point, and I would hope that anyone calling in would realize that your call is NOT the only one of the day. Your call may be right on the heels of a particularly nasty one. With the way customer service reps are constantly monitored and admonished to take a certain amount of calls per hour, and limit how long they are unavailable between calls , the stress is constant and unbelievable.

There have been instances where I have received less than stellar service. I could have reported them, but considered it could cause them to lose their livelihood. I don't want that on my conscience. Sorry to see so many of these posters couldn't care less, so long as they get their revenge on any slight they received. It's sad.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:34 AM

507 posts, read 443,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Even though the people couldn't fix the problem, the lower level staff especially are vulnerable to firings/discipline from bad survey reviews.
Here's the thing: They're paid to do a job. Most people who cannot do their jobs in the private sector are either put on performance improvement plans or lose their jobs outright. Why should call center employees be special? Funny how the person in New York handled everything in 10 minutes.

I have no problem if resolving the issue takes time. I once spent two hours on the phone with someone at Toshiba and still came away from the call feeling good about the company and the laptop I had purchased..Moderator cut: delete. I didn't have a choice in that particular situation, as my previous laptop died in the middle of a big project, but that will teach me to be an early adopter!) But don't cut me off when I ask questions, put me on hold for 5 minutes at a time, come back, pretend not to understand what I'm saying when I say "I tried that and it doesn't work," not understand how American phone numbers work when you work for the dang phone company, etc. No, that is just incompetence, and it's a great way to lose customers.

Regardless, my point is that I complain to the company about their outsourcing because outsourcing is a crappy thing to do.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-21-2015 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: deleted Company name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships