Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 04:17 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I have a friend who had a spinal stoke, has a lot of disabilities and she can still have sex with her husband and she's on disability.
So you're wrong.
Thanks for playing!
There are lots of people who are on disability who shouldn't be.

They're quite capable of working but prefer to be scammers.

If you can sit in a van for long hours, travel around, have sex.....you can work doing something.

And if your bathroom issues were as bad as you were saying the LAST THING you would be doing is going on long car trips.

You're embellishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 04:49 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
There are lots of people who are on disability who shouldn't be.

They're quite capable of working but prefer to be scammers.

If you can sit in a van for long hours, travel around, have sex.....you can work doing something.

And if your bathroom issues were as bad as you were saying the LAST THING you would be doing is going on long car trips.

You're embellishing.
It's not that hard to make an emergency stop if I can't wait any longer.
Nor is it hard to sit in a van taking muscle relaxers and tramadol.

Again my friend who had a spinal stroke can still have sex but not work and she's on disability.
It's not that difficult.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:54 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Have you been to an PT since your surgery?

Old 01-01-2016, 04:56 PM

57 posts, read 50,984 times
This is like the beginning of an episode of intervention.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

Again my friend who had a spinal stroke can still have sex but not work and she's on disability.
It's not that difficult.
What are you going to use after the tramadol quits working? If you do not get a handle on pain management without the drugs you are going to go from one prescription narcotic addiction to another and eventually they all quit working.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:03 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:

It's not that difficult.

What are your long term plans to deal with the pain? Tramadol has some pretty serious side effects and is also addictive. It's not a good long term solution. I hope you are seeking PT or taking other proactive measures to handle the pain.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:

It's not that difficult.

Sorry, but if someone has serious issues regarding bladder and bowel control they would be very anxious to go on long car trips. You can't always just pull over and find a restroom all the time. You could be sitting in traffic, on an interstate and the next exit is two miles away, etc.

I drove across the country, I know there are long stretches of nothing, or you don't know an area, and don't see a place that has restrooms.

Your story doesn't make sense, let see wetting yourself vs. wearing Depends. Most people would go with the Depends. They would also have a change of clothes and fresh underwear every where they went.

I think you're embellishing your real issues.

No it's not difficult to get disability, many get it who don't need it.

I live in CA and actually had a neighbor who was "agoraphobic", couldn't work as she didn't like leaving her house who was getting it, yet somehow she managed to go Europe for 6 weeks. It was a miracle....LOL. She couldn't go sit in an office like other people, but could fly on a plane for 11 hours and travel.

Your friend can work and so can you. You can do something, even if it is stuffing envelopes at home, it's just easier to get a check for not doing anything.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:11 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:

It's not that difficult.
Quote:
Common tramadol side effects may include:

headache, dizziness, drowsiness, tired feeling;
constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain; or
feeling nervous or anxious.
itching, sweating, flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling).
Nor is it hard to sit at a desk actually doing some work. It feels good to be a contributing member of society.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:12 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
So back story my boyfriend and I moved into my great grandmothers house that she only owns and doesn't live in. She lives 15 minutes across town with my grandmother. My grandmother handles all of her mothers stuff.
We live rent free as long as we pay the bills, keep up the house and yard and repairs. We even just installed a new dual shower head over at her house and put up the canopy she bought.
We've been doing so.

Anyways we have family in town and the other night my brother and his girlfriend came over at 3am and woke us up. Turned out to be a good thing because not long after they came over we smelled gas and there was a gas leak.

I get my name isn't on the deed but I've been paying the bills, renovated the bathroom, been shot down on all other things I've wanted to do, forced to keep decor I hate and now I can't even choose what my damn phone ringer is set on.
You can move out and do whatever you want! You almost seem to be threatening your great grandmother! And sure, you're a grown up and all...but do you have any idea how much rent you'd be paying otherwise? How long has this been going on? How many actual repairs have you made - because replacing a shower head and mowing sounds VERY minimal in lieu of actual rent. You're getting a major bargain. And you even get to have overnight house guests and keep pets!

If I were her I'd be super-concerned about a gas leak and be double-checking as well to be sure it was taken care of quickly and with someone I trusted. If it's too much stress for you, by all means, start paying regular rent at a place of your own. Otherwise, realize that you're getting a heck of a deal and calm yourself down.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Nor is it hard to sit at a desk actually doing some work. It feels good to be a contributing member of society.
It also gives you access to a bathroom.

Instead of having to drive around looking for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships