Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 09:13 AM

22,622 posts, read 47,766,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
But what am I going to do? Just be sad and miserable? With all the couples while I just sit there praying someone texts me
Do you really have to ask?

You talk, you mingle, you eat.
Who goes into a party expecting to be sad and miserable?

oh... and turn the phone off.
It won't kill you to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 09:14 AM

741 posts, read 479,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Hopefully your attitude changes before the party!
Seriously... this is about your friend, not you.
Go (Especially as you informed her that you ARE ATTENDING), and be happy for her!
My friend is engaged after having been married literally her marriage didn't even end a full year ago and she is engaged again so no I am not happy for her especially when like I said my relationship ended like 4 days before christmas. I deserve to be in a good relationship and engaged and married and pregnant right not celebrating other people and their happiness... I get to be happy when??? Obviously never.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
Quote:
My friend is engaged after having been married literally her marriage didn't even end a full year ago and she is engaged again so no I am not happy for her especially when like I said my relationship ended like 4 days before christmas. I deserve to be in a good relationship and engaged and married and pregnant right not celebrating other people and their happiness... I get to be happy when??? Obviously never.

Ok, you're too selfish to be a good friend.

They're better off without you there. Next.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:16 AM

22,622 posts, read 47,766,032 times
Quote:
I deserve to be in a good relationship and engaged and married and pregnant right not celebrating other people and their happiness... I get to be happy when??? Obviously never.
wow.

And you consider yourself her friend?

Old 01-04-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ok, you're too selfish to be a good friend.

They're better off without you there. Next.
I am incredibly selfish lol I admit it and I'm ok with it. At this point in my life if something is not going to put me around single, attractive men who would get married to me within a year and get me pregnant, I have no real reason to do it.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
wow.

And you consider yourself her friend?
I mean she is a new friend. If this was my forever best friend then obviously I would have no choice and I would have to do it and I would do it. I would try to make the best of it and just go, my best friend would also likely have single guys there because she knows my struggle.

This girl is a friend, and she is great but she is a new friend and I already envision how this whole thing is going to go, a bunch of people in relationships talking about relationship stuff and me sitting there being a fatty eating and drinking wine and being sad (I get way more sad when I drink) and then not being able to drive home so I will have to stay over and it'll be terrible, and them being like "omg I love you" "omg I love you so much" blah blah blah because that is how they are. I mean she says that the people there aren't all in relationships but I looked at the list of invites on FB and they are pretty much all in relationships and I can't relate to them.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:25 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,440,692 times
Quote:
I RSVPed

So you're only friends with this girl if she has hot single friends?

*snort*

Don't bother with party, so she can dump you as a friend. She deserves people in her life that actually care about her, not narcisstic drama queens.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:27 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,790,954 times
Just say something changed and change your RSVP. Why put your AND your friend through misery?

Old 01-04-2016, 09:30 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,972,535 times
Quote:
I mean she is a new friend. If this was my forever best friend then obviously I would have no choice and I would have to do it and I would do it. I would try to make the best of it and just go, my best friend would also likely have single guys there because she knows my struggle.

This girl is a friend, and she is great but she is a new friend and I already envision how this whole thing is going to go, a bunch of people in relationships talking about relationship stuff and me sitting there being a fatty eating and drinking wine and being sad (I get way more sad when I drink) and then not being able to drive home so I will have to stay over and it'll be terrible, and them being like "omg I love you" "omg I love you so much" blah blah blah because that is how they are. I mean she says that the people there aren't all in relationships but I looked at the list of invites on FB and they are pretty much all in relationships and I can't relate to them.
Lol! I'm cracking up over this post.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
So you're only friends with this girl if she has hot single friends?

*snort*

Don't bother with party, so she can dump you as a friend. She deserves people in her life that actually care about her, not narcisstic drama queens.
No. I am friends with her. We have classes together, she is a good friend. But I mean obviously if I want to find a husband hanging out in couples and being sad isn't going to help move that process along. I just am not sure that going to this party has any benefit for me? I mean I will likely not be meeting people that I click with, I will be sad because I am pretty much sad every single day, there won't be single guys there so no chance to potentially meet a husband. I would like to go and have fun but I know I won't. I know it is just going to go in the jar of things that upset me so why bother putting myself in that position??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships