Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 05:16 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times

Advertisements

I do artwork (although that is my job... and my hobby!)
Read, play piano, pet the 2 cats who have decided to live on my deck, float on the lake, do gardening, get angry while reading stupid stuff on the innernetz, take a break from the internet to regain sanity, do some more artwork. Maybe play some loud Queens of the Stone Age on the stereo, sing and dance like a dork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 05:52 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Laundry, petting my 2 cats, reading, pushing the cats off my reading materials, watching TV, feeding the cats, surfing the net, removing the cats from the keyboard, doing stuff for work, clipping the cats' nails, cleaning house, brushing the cats, walking my dog, cleaning the cats' litter boxes, vacuuming pet fur, brushing the dog, playing with the cats, picking up dog poop from the yard, texting my kids pictures of the cats being adorable...
LOL. You sound just like me Peach, except sub the word "dogs" for all the instances of "cats." But my two dogs don't get on my keyboard, since they are Great Danes and weigh 110 and 150 pounds apiece (how's that for a visual?)

Old 04-09-2016, 06:05 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I've gotten hooked on youtube before, but I keep it under control now. Mainly I read a lot, and research things on the internet, and learn. Take walks to enjoy the weather before it turns hot. I do my music listening mainly in the car. Otherwise it would take over my life.

When I am at home ( in country) I am rarely at home. I've been staying on a farm in the south of France since last November. I am all by myself except for the caretakers. After the sun goes down there's not a lot to do. I listen to music, text friends and family, play my guitar and eat! If I do have the tv on its basically for the noise or to watch the news. Tons to do during the day, but nights are pretty quiet.

Last edited by Sydney123; 04-09-2016 at 06:13 PM..

Old 04-09-2016, 06:09 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,192 times
Reading, watching movies, listening to music, working out, running errands, web-surfing, coloring, writing, working, chilling with the pet, sleeping, walking, taking photos.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:15 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
When I get the house to myself (not too often), I like to put on my favorite music.

If my husband is home (most likely), he is in his man cave watching TV. I'll be doing one of the following, on the computer, reading or occasionally watching one of the few shows I like.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Coloring - Digital
Picture Taking
Reading
Online Forum chats
A nap
Listening to Music, or soothing sounds of nature
Occasional movies / shows

Once I get a bit more mobility, I plan to look into other hobbies and activities.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:37 PM

9 posts, read 8,433 times
Wink Time Alone

I enjoy being alone..I believe this is credited to living alone for so many years.
Of course, I had lots of friends, the occasional couch tourist, but my house was
MINE.

Then I went a got married..lol. Got very lucky, as he is just as comfortable, being
a truck driver! Unfortunately, I am not able to do a whole lot, as spinal stenosis
has racked me for years. Music, tube, internet, bible study, fiction as well.

I do admit to boredom at times, as I cannot do all I would like to do...

My motto to my younger friends is patience....get to know yourself, be completely
independent, love your work, as you may not get to do it later. Sure, at first it
is a bit lonely and scary (living in a rough part of CA). But, I achieved my goals,
which will take most of your time..if you are REALLY on your own. God is always
with me, but I digress.

Learn to be happy and like yourself, and always keep your peacemaker close.
Cool thread. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:17 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,549,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
Just wondering..
I like to get outdoors for a walk.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:21 PM

117 posts, read 92,731 times
I basically watch lot's of movies at home while I am alone.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:23 PM

117 posts, read 92,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I like to get outdoors for a walk.
Do you like walking alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships