Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 04:13 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,584 times

Advertisements

Hire a neighborhood kid to clean it up once every other day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 04:48 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,260,247 times
Go into the HOA office if you aren.t getting anywhere via phone. Copy the whole association board members on a susinctly written letter with pictures.
If HOA refuses to act go to the city council or mayors office. I mean, this is HOA 101. If they can.t /won.t handle dog matter spoiling the property and polluting the water table, what if there were a larger problem to occur?

Old 07-21-2016, 04:57 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,632,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
We actually called the HOA several weeks before I created this thread. The secretary fields all of the calls, and Ken is conveniently never available to take phone calls. I left him a message about it, but nothing ever happened as far as I could tell.
If you're truly upset, why only place one phone call? I'd call everyday. I'd also send a registered letter.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:26 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,580,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Go out at night and drip bacon grease all over the dog poop.

I guarantee that it will quickly disappear, and your neighbor will get be all upset about her dogs always eating their poop, and they will start picking it up.
Lol, that's actually a tempting thought!

Old 07-21-2016, 06:00 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
The ordinances around here are only about dogs not on their own property. These dogs are on their own property. Again, why hasn't the OP contacted their HOA?
The ordinances I refer to are related to picking up the dog poop which is a health concern...not "Dog at large"
Public health has ordinances. Did you read the OP?

OP, call the health department, report them

How Bad Is Dog Poop?
Why Pet Waste Can Be Harmful | Toxic Dog Waste
The Shocking Truth About Not Picking Up Your Dog’s Poop – iHeartDogs.com

Old 07-21-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
The ordinances I refer to are related to picking up the dog poop which is a health concern...not "Dog at large"
Public health has ordinances. Did you read the OP?

OP, call the health department, report them
Yes, I read the OP. In many towns, dog poo in their own yard is NOT regulated. I live in one of those towns! You can't complain about it and have anything done unless it's a major problem. A dog doing it's daily business isn't going to cause a problem. Puppy Mills, kennels, boarding facilities, hoarders those are the places that end up with poo problems.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
How can anyone take a website that calls a bred of dog a Chiwawa take it seriously?

Old 07-21-2016, 10:29 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,772,911 times
Have you checked with the city to find the city rules about picking up after a pooping dog. In some it is required to be picked up and disposed of due to health risks.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:23 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
Yeah, definitely start driving the HOA president nuts. Even if you just keep getting his secretary, trust me - I used to be one - she will start hounding him for you, because she's sick of fielding your calls.

And I agree you should call the health department, and also tell the HOA that you're doing that. Just start being a royal pain, calling everyone you can think of (health department, etc.) and write to the health department, and in the letter say that you have complained to the HOA but they aren't doing anything about it - and copy the HOA on it. Show up at the HOA meetings and complain. And take up a ton of time during their meeting so it goes on and on (I was on a HOA board once and they go so long, you just dread anyone making the meetings take an even longer time).

This technique has worked for me many times over the years. You just become such a regular pain, and in writing, copying everyone every single time - that you become their priority, just to shut you the heck up LOL.

And as far as my joke about blasting music at, say 3am, and someone saying there are ordinances regarding noise....

What you do is just blast it for about 10 minutes. Then stop. Complete silence, with all lights off. The cops show up and the neighbors flap their arms and yell, and the cop say....Well, there's nothing we can do, because it's quiet now...

LOL

And if the cops knock on your door anyway....."What? I don't know what you're talking about. We've complained about them not picking up their dog poop, and they threatened to pretend they hurt themselves by stepping into a hole in our lawn. So, they are now apparently trying to say we're blasting our music? Wow. That's crazy."

Old 07-22-2016, 09:12 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,651,571 times
If it gets to be really extreme, take cell phone pictures and report it to your local health department. This is not just a a matter of your enjoyment, it's a health hazard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships