Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 09:29 AM

4 posts, read 2,795 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have issues with my dad since graduating High School. Now he doesn't let me go hungry, have stay outside at night, still has been letting me drive the pickup so can get driving practice towards my full license still takes me out to town activities, and still comes talk and hugs me before he leaves. But we get into many discussions and once and awhile fights. But he tells me that only reason why acts like that is because I'm not doing anything with my life, Also he says that if want help to get something, that means i really don't want it.

Also, my mother divorced 4 years ago, and my surviving grandparents don't really help me, but they think my dad is so nasty but, they always say "well your dad can take care of you"

Now i have read these stories about " I hate my dad because he yells and calls me names". But what makes me wonder is why is there fighting, is it because of the parent or child or little of both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 09:37 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Wait are your surviving grandparents HIS parents or your mother's? Also why don't you have a job? Are you trying to get one? You're graduated from high school, but you're not doing anything it sounds like. What do you do to maintain the household if you're not working? What do you contribute?

Old 10-14-2016, 09:39 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
No school, no job? What ARE you doing?

Old 10-14-2016, 10:09 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
No school, no job? What ARE you doing?
Exactly. Reserving advice until this question is answered.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:15 AM

My grandparents are My Mom's Mother 91 and My Dad's Father 82. The reason that don't have a job is because i'm limited by locations, because i don't live in a city, Just near a shopping center and where i've they've gave excuses why they can't hire me. I planning on taking a CAD course thru Penn foster, but the money that was set aside for me, my mother controls and my parents don't talk to each other because she left dad for a friend of 30 years . I still talk w/ her but its distant.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:27 AM

I don't live in the city just near a shopping center where they don't want me. I planning to take a CAD course on Penn Foster. But since my mom left she isn't very helpful. She has control of a school fund account. She left my dad for a friend his, so parents don't talk. My grandparents are mom's mother 91 (she doesn't let me drive her to town or the dr. but she wants me to ride with her) and dad's father 82.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:45 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,529 times
Are there no community colleges/colleges near you? Can you widen your job search to include other nearby towns? Is there a bus/train.any other transportation system in your town that you can use?

Old 10-14-2016, 12:23 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
What does the fact that your mom and dad don't communicate have to do with your college fund? YOU communicate with your mom, don't you? If not, why not?

Why are your sentences poorly written and ungrammatical? Your written communication isn't at college level. There seems to be more to the story, here.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:25 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
Straight talk ahead. You don't sound like a good candidate for an online (for-profit!) school like Penn Foster. To make the most of an online program, you have to have a lot of self-motivation. You must be willing to stay in at night to get the work done, find your own internships, and keep on top of the courses you sign up for to make certain they will transfer to a 4 yr college. Yes, the tuition is cheap, but there's a reason the graduation rate is so low for their programs.

When did you graduated high school? How long have you been sitting at home waiting for somebody to hand you the money to go to school? Your father is right, you are wasting your future. He has a job, right? You know other people who do? Why are you unemployable?

Get off your butt and make an effort.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:41 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,583,267 times
What suggestions have your mom and dad given you about finding work or about your future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships