Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 10:28 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
So was on vacation in Africa 2 months ago when this happened... t

Any similar thing happen to anyone here? Why are people such jerks? If they had not made false promises would've just used my own cam!!

I understand that you are disappointed that you don't have any pictures of your adventure but at this point, there is nothing you can do about it. Brooding over it will put a damper on your memories of a positive experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 10:29 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times
You were still there on the "trip of your lifetime" and got to experience it....... not having pictures stinks but its not the end of the world.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:39 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,204 times
I am one of those who also wonders why people don't rely to emails. It also seems strange why they'd want to keep these photographs.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Is there no such thing as personal responsibility here? Why are you blaming this other couple for you not making sure you had enough fresh batteries before you went in the first place?
That's stretching things. The OP is not blaming them for this. He's blaming them for not responding to their emails. Which, there could be a reason of course, but still that is the real issue here.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:36 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I am very guilty of allowing my desire to hoard pictures of my experiences to take over my ability to be there present in the moment. The biggest offending events are concerts. I am literally taking picture after picture during the whole show and pretty much missing the whole thing! It drives my friend who comes with me to every show crazy! This one time she yelled at me that I was missing the entire thing cause I was so busy taking pics and in that moment I realized she was right.
Agreed. I rarely take pictures on vacation because I don't want to miss anything that might happen while I'm fiddling with the camera.

With the approach of old age, I realize that someday I will not remember the experience but then, someday I might be looking at the photo of me standing in front of Whatchamacallit Falls and not recognize myself, either. So it won't matter. I enjoy the memory for as long as it lasts.

Please excuse the slight digression.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:58 AM

I once traveled to another country and someone I know told me they knew someone in the city where I would be staying. She said she told them all about me, and that I should send them an email when I got there to hook up with them. I did email them when I got there, but they never replied back. I checked my spam folders and everything. I've always thought it was very strange. Especially since she had told me they wanted to meet me. I often wish people would at least reply back with the truth. "I'm too busy " or "I'm just not interested right now" or something like that.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:08 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I once traveled to another country and someone I know told me they knew someone in the city where I would be staying. She said she told them all about me, and that I should send them an email when I got there to hook up with them. I did email them when I got there, but they never replied back. I checked my spam folders and everything. I've always thought it was very strange. Especially since she had told me they wanted to meet me. I often wish people would at least reply back with the truth. "I'm too busy " or "I'm just not interested right now" or something like that.
I don't know, IMO, she should never have offered up this person at all. I would be miffed if a friend lived out of the country and one of their friends was visiting my country, and she told them they could contact me. That puts me in a position to have to offer to take them to dinner or to a sightseeing spot or something. Just no.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:28 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
I asked my best friend to take a picture of my Datsun 240 sx before I sold it and she didn't do it. It was sitting on her property for a week before it sold. It's the only car I've owned that I don't have a picture of and it was one of my favorite cars. I looked on the internet for a picture of one but I've never been able to find it. Yeah, some friend. NOT!

Old 10-28-2016, 01:47 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
This probably obvious, but have you checked your email spam folder?

Old 10-28-2016, 02:19 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Memories are more important than pictures generally speaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships