Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
What I cannot understand is why you refuse to let it go and just accept the fact that some women are more comfortable with men....doesn't mean they hate women, they just don't have as much in common with women. You come to your own conclusions about other people, why? Sad? I don't think so...some of the best mental closeness I've had with men....boys, in high school.

Stop engaging yourself in other people's business and worry more about what your doing. You are concluding something without even knowing someone, even after all these women in this thread have explained to you their story, and yet you still insist to find something wrong in situations as such.

Very sad....Good God, your even putting your own feelings above your daughters.....
I'm beginning to think the OP is projecting some of her issues.....maybe there are women who don't like her and prefer to have male friends and that really got under her skin. After reading several of her posts, she clearly has some real issues with females being friends with males. It's really odd!

Old 04-15-2017, 01:37 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I'm beginning to think the OP is projecting some of her issues.....maybe there are women who don't like her and prefer to have male friends and that really got under her skin. After reading several of her posts, she clearly has some real issues with females being friends with males. It's really odd!

After many years of talking with other people, I've found that so so many Americans are bound to their own little world. Any one outside of that world, who thinks differently is wrong. It used to be that people who possessed awareness were able to allow others their beliefs, but as this woman has proved, she is one of those....so she makes up reasons in her mind, without even knowing women who like men over women.

Some women can be ruthless....vile and downright vindictive....

but yes, you also may be right, and yes, it is rather odd. People don't do or act out for one reason, but many....

Old 04-15-2017, 02:33 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
What I cannot understand is why you refuse to let it go and just accept the fact that some women are more comfortable with men....doesn't mean they hate women, they just don't have as much in common with women. You come to your own conclusions about other people, why? Sad? I don't think so...some of the best mental closeness I've had with men....boys, in high school.

Stop engaging yourself in other people's business and worry more about what your doing. You are concluding something without even knowing someone, even after all these women in this thread have explained to you their story, and yet you still insist to find something wrong in situations as such.

Very sad....Good God, your even putting your own feelings above your daughters.....
I think for some the 'roles' are stitched in firmly, and its hard to accept that a mixed group of friends can be just that. One of my best friends as a kid was the young boy next door, my age. We were good friends, and both mostly loners. And when I got into my teens, my friends were both but my friends didn't go chasing after or trying to mold themselves to attract the boys. As an adult, I've had more really good men friends than women, but the women are comfortable with just being themselves.

The best sort of relationships, be they teens or any other age, are between 'people' not female people or male people. The ones which matter most and last the longest are where there are ideas and interests and passions shared between you and the people you choose to share your world. Real friendships are far more powerful and supportive than those based on at least one side acting a role that's not them.

Ultimately, the best relationships are those which have more in common than looking properly conventional.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:42 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I think for some the 'roles' are stitched in firmly, and its hard to accept that a mixed group of friends can be just that. One of my best friends as a kid was the young boy next door, my age. We were good friends, and both mostly loners. And when I got into my teens, my friends were both but my friends didn't go chasing after or trying to mold themselves to attract the boys. As an adult, I've had more really good men friends than women, but the women are comfortable with just being themselves.

The best sort of relationships, be they teens or any other age, are between 'people' not female people or male people. The ones which matter most and last the longest are where there are ideas and interests and passions shared between you and the people you choose to share your world. Real friendships are far more powerful and supportive than those based on at least one side acting a role that's not them.

Ultimately, the best relationships are those which have more in common than looking properly conventional.
I was like you, until about 15 years ago, and started to make more women friends, both new and from the past. But still a loner, and like it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.