Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:09 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,505,939 times

Advertisements

Usually when a woman is very beautiful she does not have many women friends - it is just the way it is.

As I have gotten older I have more women friends than I used to - the competition is over - you already have the career, the money, the man, the house, the children - nothing to be jealous of and ready to have good friends.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:37 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,520,332 times
As you get older, you better start liking other females. They will be your companions when your husband passes first. If you have married older than yourself.

If you pass first, you have already pre-screened them for him. Cause chances are pretty good he'll remarry. Quicker than females. Might as well help him out. And you know he'll get a good one.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:15 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,981,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
I apologize if this is not the right forum to say this, but it is something that I and I am sure many others have noticed. Namely women that say "I don't really have a lot of girlfriends because I don't get along with other women" "I am not like other girls (as if other girls are somehow "bad")" "I have lots more guy friends than girlfriends" etc. etc. ad nauseum.

It's really sad. For one most do it just to look "cool" for guys, then internalize it and blow off other women even though they could be great friends! It's fine to have guys as friends, but as a general rule it works better if the friends women have are more women than men, to me if I meet a woman that says any of the above or has more guy friends I don't trust her.

Not to get political, but we live in an age where women more than ever should be helping and supporting each other, we should always support other women and come together in sisterhood. Yet it's really sad how so many feel it's a kind of badge of honor to say "I'm not like other girls/women". Anyone else feel the same?
I'm not reading through this whole thread, haha, but I'm one of these women. I don't say it for effect (if I say it at all); it's simply true. A lot of it in my case is that I'm a very active person and enjoy actually DOING things rather than just sitting around talking (read: mostly gossiping about other women) or "eating out" or "shopping" as a recreational activity. IMO, men are just more fun...

And I don't regard it as a "problem" (that's another thing about women: DRAMA)...

Last edited by otterhere; 02-17-2017 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-17-2017, 10:32 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,709,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
Usually when a woman is very beautiful she does not have many women friends - it is just the way it is..
Sometimes more attractive women are shunned by other women, because they see them as competition for men, (there are exceptions of course, like with everything else).

Some people waste their whole life trying to fit into cliques and never really succeed. And then other people decide to just live their life, and stop caring about being in a clique or having tons of friends. They are usually much happier that way.

I've noticed a lot of women, even women my age, play games where they won't return phone calls, emails, texts. This is not my thing. If someone doesn't return after 2 messages, I forget about getting to know them. I don't play those games. I'd rather get to know people who are easier to get to know. I'm not going to beg someone by continuing to contact them.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:35 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,709,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I don't get what is the big deal about women who prefer to have male friends. There are so many negative assumptions on this thread. ... I don't get why other women would be so bothered about why some of us have more guy friends than women. It's really none of their business.
You are right, it's truly none of anyone else's business who you choose to be your friends.

My daughter is 8, she has long preferred boys as friends, rather than girls. I am not going to try and steer her in a different direction.

Nobody has the right to judge anyone regarding who they prefer to be friends with.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:59 PM

296 posts, read 232,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
A number of women just get tired of the cattiness, gossipy and backstabbing that can come from having "female friendships" Oh did I mention the constant comparisons, jealousy of what the other has, etc. Women can learn alot from male friendships.

What Texan says is the truth. A lot of woman are devious and backstabbers, but not all of us. I'm not and I can't be around these women who are like that.
Just recently, someone I thought was a friend was having problems with another woman. The so-called friend called me on the phone making accusations that I was in cahoots of some sort with this other woman, who've I never even met or spoke to.

I was stunned. Speechless.

Who needs that? That is just one example, there have been many others.

So, yeah - I don't have many female friends.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
I apologize if this is not the right forum to say this, but it is something that I and I am sure many others have noticed. Namely women that say "I don't really have a lot of girlfriends because I don't get along with other women" "I am not like other girls (as if other girls are somehow "bad")" "I have lots more guy friends than girlfriends" etc. etc. ad nauseum.

I have never, never, never heard any woman say that.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:18 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Just read this thread. I'm kind of astounded by the number of women on here who don't have good female friends.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:23 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,255,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Just read this thread. I'm kind of astounded by the number of women on here who don't have good female friends.
it actually made me feel better. glad i'm not the only one. sometimes i feel like i'm some kind of weirdo because i don't connect easily with a ton of other women, but glad i'm not the only one.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:50 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,981,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I've been known to say, half in jest, "This is why I prefer male friends!" when women do some catty female friend thing to other female friends, as they are wont to do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.