Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2017, 05:13 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times

Advertisements

During the email correspondence when she was showing enthusiasm, she said she was free Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of that week and that she would contact me to arrange to come over to my house for five minutes to review the drawings.

She never contacted me that weekend - on Monday I sent her an email saying I would move forward and hoped that she likes the artwork - she responded back that whatever I wanted to do would be fine - very, very friendly.

When I thought she was going to come over, I was looking forward to discussing our mutual hobby (which we had discussed at the mailbox, which is the only time I ever speak to her - or when she is working in her yard).

So I tried, but whatever. She is "not my type" anyway (meaning we probably have little in common), but I was willing to be friendly . . .

Face it, after twenty years, I was dreaming.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:16 PM

3,320 posts, read 1,819,818 times
Default NOW you've gone too far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Whether you want to admit it, you are rude if you tell people "I don't know," when you do know. You are just the type of person who is making this planet so unpleasant
I could hardly hold my water while reading over 200 posts about a GD mailbox and the 'inconsiderate neighbors' who didn't express their thanks sufficiently to the lady who made such a big deal of it.

But to call people rude who decline to answer any questions that are posed to them is, IMO, symptomatic of a very judgmental, nit-picking pita who will take any opportunity, no matter how trivial, to take offense.

How such people get a good nights sleep is beyond me.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:30 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,708,359 times
Anyone else feel the same?

Old 12-18-2017, 07:44 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times

Old 12-18-2017, 07:44 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
You wanted the mail box. You share a mail box. A mail box is a recepticle for bills and junk mail. You have what you wanted and she has not asked you to take it down.
This. You made a change to YOUR life. Maybe they were perfectly happy with their old mailbox. I'd be perfectly happy with my old mailbox. Leave my mailbox alone, please.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I could hardly hold my water while reading over 200 posts about a GD mailbox and the 'inconsiderate neighbors' who didn't express their thanks sufficiently to the lady who made such a big deal of it.

But to call people rude who decline to answer any questions that are posed to them is, IMO, symptomatic of a very judgmental, nit-picking pita who will take any opportunity, no matter how trivial, to take offense.

How such people get a good nights sleep is beyond me.
Ha ha.

But seriously, we just have two entirely different points-of-view.

The name-calling is childish, and I do believe it is prohibited, is it not?

Anyway, I think it is very rude if someone asks you a question that you know the answer to, and because you don't want to be bothered, you withhold the answer - thus refuse the opportunity to help someone. I see this as a kind of "greediness" of spirit. It is not nice, in any case.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:01 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Someone made an anonymous reputation comment that not only was I rude, but foolish for noting a moderator's comment was rude. I have no idea who moderators are and didn't know there were rules for commenting to them when they comment on your post.
I’m the mod you said was rude. Look at my name to see what a mod title looks like. Frankly, if my skin is so thin this riles me is, my star needs to go away.

Also, I mod Unsolved Mysteries. While I have the ability to go to other boards and smite people(all mods do), it is frowned upon. The proper way to handle it is to — everybody say it with me — report the offender. The forum mod will handle it.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:29 PM

Trying to figure out what the "offense" was.

If mods can comment on threads, are they supposed to be treated with kid gloves? I was not aware of this. I will (try to) pay special attention from now on.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:34 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
6 pages in. I am dying to see photos of this mailbox.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
6 pages in. I am dying to see photos of this mailbox.
I would love to show them, but for anonymity's sake, cannot (they are too distinctive).

In the meantime, said neighbors put their Christmas decorations up - very gaudy - huge, inflatable Santa on roof - all kinds of garish things. I was thinking of taking a picture of that, just to prove I am not the one with the questionable taste!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships