Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 05:24 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
My mother died unexpectedly 6 months ago, today has been hard. Been staying off of FB completely, as all I saw today were multiple postings about Mother's Day from everyone.

Every holiday, birthday, etc, since she died has been rough. I hope this doesn't last forever, it really takes it out of you.
I am so sorry. When it happens suddenly, it's almost surreal. It does get better, though it seems like it never will.

My mom died of a massive heart attack 5 years ago. I talked to her on the phone about 12 hours before she died. It took me a good year to accept that she was gone and it wasn't until 2-3 years after that I started to dream about her again. It was like I couldn't accept her in my dreams until I accepted she was gone.

Fortunately, because my mom was older (she was 84 when she passed), I knew she wasn't going to be with us forever, so for the 5+ years leading up to her death, she and I went on many weekend trips and we took a few vacations with my dad, her, my husband and me to some places that she wanted to visit at least once or one more time. She wasn't always easy to travel with (I'm sure I wasn't either), but I knew I wouldn't regret not spending enough time with her after she died.

Every once in a while I want to pick up the phone to share something that happened that day, and then remember she's not there to call anymore. That's when I feel that drop in my gut once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 10:40 AM

160 posts, read 432,922 times
After reading these lovely and sad post about missing you moms on Mother’s Day....I just realized that I did not even give my mom a passing thought on Mother’s Day. I wish we had a better relationship when she was alive that I actually missed her or actually thought about her on that day. Kinda strange!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships