Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 05:05 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Sucks View Post
Daisy, you might be entitled to collect unemployment benefits. It's not much, but better than nothing until you can find a new job. Have you applied?

Also, bananas are inexpensive and good for warding off leg cramps.
I’ll try that! Pickle juice is not working lol

Old 06-25-2018, 05:21 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxm98 View Post
Are you serious?
If it wasn't you, I apologize.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:31 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
i have trouble falling asleep, get a good 3-4 hrs then I'm wide awake.
Try taking a daily dose of magnesium before bedtime. It did wonders for me.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:20 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
i try to keep the room dark but if i'm alone i can't sleep in the dark. it's because i don't like waking up in the dark, esp when i'm having trouble sleeping. it scares me. i do have a night lamp and a lamp. it's better when the guy i'm seeing sleeps over because then i can sleep in the dark and i feel much more relaxed. having someone next to me helps. when i'm alone, it's harder to fall asleep. i also try to drink hot tea, just the sleepy bear tea from the grocery store. I take a shower before bed etc. All these things to help go to sleep and relax. my main issue is sleeping through without waking up. i have trouble falling asleep, get a good 3-4 hrs then I'm wide awake. Then I'm crazy tired later when it's time to go to work/ do something. sometimes i just end up staying up w/ no sleep because i feel worse if i only get a few hrs sleep.

i will try music! thank you for the suggestions

no I dont stretch. i guess i could try. but sometimes if i stretch i get those awful leg cramps
You can download free apps on your phone that offer different sounds for helping you sleep. Such as white light sounds, raindrop or ocean sounds.

The cramps in your legs will eventually go away once you become limber from stretching. Don't over stretch...just do it gradually everyday and you will over time become more limber. It feels wonderful being limber and flexible. It releases all the stress build up in your body. I took jazz and ballet most of my life and although I no longer take these classes I still stretch everyday to keep limber and keep my body fluid and stress free. It will also help you relax after a good long stretching routine.

Do you still have your dog? Does the dog being there help you to not feel alone when you wake up in the middle of the night? To be honest you are not truly alone...you have people all around you.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:24 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Daisy, you might be entitled to collect unemployment benefits. It's not much, but better than nothing until you can find a new job. Have you applied?
I meant to also mention this. Belle Woods even if you are terminated from your job you can apply. When they ask why you were terminated just say it was not a good fit and leave it at that. Tell them that is what you were told when you were terminated.

Please apply it's better than having no money coming in at all.
Quote:
Also, bananas are inexpensive and good for warding off leg cramps.
This and keeping well hydrated and electrolytes in balance.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:37 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
Quote:
I think next time I am just going to shut my mouth and not try to make friends with anyone at work.

This is a good idea for most occupations. However, in low wage service sector jobs, the biggest perk is that you can socialize in the job. You can date your co-workers in low wage service sector jobs because odds are one of you is leaving that job soon, therefore eliminating a messy drama at work with the inevitable breakup.

You might miss out on a key perk if you keep to yourself. Even if you don't pursue a romantic relationship in a low wage service sector job, the social networks developed in them can lead to a future romantic partner. This isn't always easy to do in more professional working environments.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:47 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Waiting tables is a physical and stressful job.

What about something where you sit down and work on your own a lot, like medical transcription?

Old 06-26-2018, 05:56 PM

717 posts, read 557,799 times
She's not qualified to be a medical transcriptionist. They require medical terminology.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:59 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
I am so sorry that you lost your job.

Considering the problems that you have with your leg, I would caution you against getting a job as a waitress. Depending on the restaurant you probably would have to be on your feet/legs the entire shift, carry huge trays of food and quickly move from place to place. While I have never worked in a place like McDonalds I suspect that being a waitress (in most places) would be far more physically demanding than working at a fast food place.

I would suggest that you keep your appointment with the community college to get more information. While it is probably too late to get a significant amount of financial aid for the fall, they would be able to tell you the next steps and tell you about upcoming deadlines.

I am not sure that anyone has warned you about "for profit" colleges. While they are not all bad, students have to be extremely careful about the degrees that they offer and the costs of those degrees. Often they are far, far more expensive than regular community colleges/technical schools/state colleges/etc. and sometimes the degrees are completely worthless. Our local newspapers has printed numerous warnings about students who have been scammed by them by taking out huge student loans (that need to be paid back, often with high interest) and ending with courses or degrees that are useless. At least in my community, they often prey on young adults who are unfamiliar with college & higher education.

Good luck in the future. I'm rooting for you.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:09 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,244,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Waiting tables is a physical and stressful job.

What about something where you sit down and work on your own a lot, like medical transcription?
She would need training, which is not free.

Even if she found a good training program (a lot of the remaining online programs are problematic, and many community colleges no longer teach MT) and could pay for it and complete it, she would then be a newbie competing with the increasing numbers of experienced MTs who have lost their jobs to technology and off-shoring.

Companies don't pay a premium for experience, so they can pick and choose among a large candidate pool of experienced workers, leaving the newbies struggling to find work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships