Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 07:39 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times

Advertisements

Appears that your upset due to the fact that she did not acknowledge you.
Just outta curiosity, why do you even care? If its attention you seek there are other ways to go about getting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 10:15 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Saturday last I was out running errands. I stopped in to a local coffee shop along the way to grab coffee, and as I leave, I see a former friend in the parking lot. The former friend. The crazy widow/ex-FWB. Many of you know the back story.
Anyway, I go to my car with my coffee; she's sitting in her car texting. She looks up, sees me, I begin to nod (just out of politeness....I'm not speaking to her) she looks back down to her phone. Not a word, not a return of acknowledging, not nothing! Like two total strangers!

Five little letters and a hyphen tell me all I need to know.

There is no such thing as FWB. It is a modern myth. A fairy tale.

When two people get naked with each other start bumping uglies, it is an act of intimacy. It creates emotional connection. I don't care how one rationalizes it. I've never heard of an instance of two people having sex on a regular basis where one of the parties doesn't get attached.

And then the other person is actually shocked when that happens, along with the drama that ensues. So when you encounter an ex-lover and she acts flat-out weird, what exactly do you expect?

Old 08-15-2018, 11:21 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,169 times
Given the way you talk about her, my guess is that she dodged a bullet there. My money is on her not wanting to encourage you in any way, shape or form.

That is surely how *I* react to abusive crazy people in public. Just don't acknowledge them. That's the only way to stop the crazy. She did what she needed to do to protect herself - from YOU.

Quote:
Zentropa you're entitled to your opinions as I am to mine. We just agree to disagree. Enough said.
Yeah, except - YOU SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR PEOPLE'S OPINIONS.

If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, don't go onto a public forum and ASK for them.

Last edited by Pyewackette; 08-15-2018 at 12:04 PM..

Old 08-15-2018, 12:02 PM

277 posts, read 365,182 times
Get the F over it!

Old 08-15-2018, 12:53 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
you need to move on. Are you disappointed she didn't do anything crazy or wants you back or what is the problem here? Be happy she left you alone.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:06 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcaldwell View Post
very unbecoming behavior for a stable, drama- avoidant man, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaydrive00 View Post
your retired? I was thinking you were in your 20s.
+1.

X2

Old 08-15-2018, 01:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 804,128 times
Quote:
Saturday last I was out running errands. I stopped in to a local coffee shop along the way to grab coffee, and as I leave, I see a former friend in the parking lot. The former friend. The crazy widow/ex-FWB. Many of you know the back story.
Anyway, I go to my car with my coffee; she's sitting in her car texting. She looks up, sees me, I begin to nod (just out of politeness....I'm not speaking to her) she looks back down to her phone. Not a word, not a return of acknowledging, not nothing! Like two total strangers!

I was pretty mad about her past behavior - emphasis on was - but that is history now and I'm not one to stay mad. I get over it and move on. But wouldn't you think that someone you knew would at the very least say hello, or give a nod, or whatever?
Oh, and FWIW, we're both in relationships now, so perish what you may be thinking along those lines.

Weigh in on this.
What's to weigh in about? She's moved on. She doesn't want to talk to you. The end. Why are you expending any mental energy thinking about his?

Old 08-15-2018, 01:41 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
I think if I had been in your position and she didn't acknowledge me, I'd say "oh well!" and go on. Why make a mountain out of a mole hill?

Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,156,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Your retired?
Hahaha! Not to be confused with the commonly iterated question on CD: you're retired now?

Seriously though: she was caught off guard. Who knows if she meant to give you the cold shoulder or not. Also, it's apparent that you're still working through some of your feelings about this. Does that make you an ogre? No. That makes you a human being. These things take way more time than we would hope for. Something went down between you two a year ago, I take it? Totally natural for there to be weirdness when you see her in public.

Just don't make too much of it with the new lady. She may be telling you what she thinks you want to hear, but secretly thinking "Why is this an issue for him?" Just let it go, move on. Enjoy your new relationship.

Last edited by Mimidae; 08-15-2018 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-15-2018, 11:36 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
....Weigh in on this.

This p*isses you off enough to post on C-D about it? You have a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships