Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 02:12 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,436,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Way too sensitive, OP. You are giving him too much power.

Just keep mowing your yard and ignore him. Me, I'd give him a little friendly wave and keep mowing, but you can skip the wave if you aren't feeling neighborly.

A bit off topic, but I am in my second house that has a neighbor that gets out his mower and starts mowing when I mow my lawn. Both of those people are very nice and are good neighbors. I suspect that the sound of my mower makes them check the height of their own lawn
Or the wife hears your mower and tells him to get his butt off the couch and go mow the lawn ;-) He might also want the lawns to grow at the same height so he waits for you to start then he starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 02:14 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,034,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
Very true, but it seems hes only nitpicking at me because im the loner living in the neighborhood living so close to his wife and grown up daughters. Maby he needs to learn to respect the fellow neighbor. But there are some things i could do to give him the hint im aware of his annoyance. The moment he pops up i could look away for a few seconds, or could ask him am i too close to your property, or better yet i could get away by cutting the grass directly straight ahead that leads to my backyard, then go back there minutes or 1/2 hour later. any other ideas? thanks.
You could just ask him politely what's up. But I don't really see what the problem is. If it was me I'd probably just wave and say "hi" and be amused about the whole thing.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:15 PM

50 posts, read 29,268 times
Well, better than he watchng you through the scope of his rifle.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:18 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,438,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Or the wife hears your mower and tells him to get his butt off the couch and go mow the lawn ;-) He might also want the lawns to grow at the same height so he waits for you to start then he starts.
He could be living vicariously through you, doing your part to keep HIS neighborhood well manicured.

If he wasn't responsive to me waving, I'd wear a different hat each time I mowed:

Cowboy hat
Hard hat
Sombrero
Southern Belle wide brim
Cabbie
Bowler derby
Pork pie
Birthday party hat
Burger King crown

Old 08-21-2018, 02:51 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,392,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post

Burger King crown
^^^^^^^^
That all day everyday!!

Old 08-21-2018, 03:40 PM

98 posts, read 91,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
You're a bit paranoid.This assumption that he has it in for you is weird.My neighbors across the street seem to kind of stay to themselves.Seems like it's two guys.Sometimes we wave to each other.I don't know their names.Why am I aware of them?Cause sometimes,I stand on my front porch to smoke a cigarette. LOL
Nah, im not being paranoid. He walks out his front door the moment i begin cutting my lawn that joins with his lawn. I talked to him before as he was doing this and he never mentioned if there was a problem such as me cutting too close or over his property line. That would make the most sense as to why he would pop out at that moment if i was cutting over his property line, but im always some inches away. Im certainly going to ask him next time i cut the lawn why hes doing that, next week or 2. QU: Would he like it if i did that to him or his 20 year old daughter who cuts the lawn next to my lawn? Of course he/she wouldnt, but he thinks its ok for him to do it to me.

Last edited by domic; 08-21-2018 at 04:02 PM..

Old 08-21-2018, 04:08 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,117,552 times
LOL paranoid people never think they're being paranoid.

And yes, you do sound a little paranoid.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:15 PM

43,309 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
LOL paranoid people never think they're being paranoid.

And yes, you do sound a little paranoid.

Yep.
When I go out to mow, I cut the grass, and don't look to see who is spectating.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:20 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,438,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yep.
When I go out to mow, I cut the grass, and don't look to see who is spectating.
Are you one of those people who can live next to someone for 5 years and still not remember the color of your neighbor's car?

Old 08-21-2018, 04:21 PM

43,309 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Are you one of those people who can live next to someone for 5 years and still not remember the color of your neighbor's car?
Yeah. I am.... Stalker.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships