Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
Yes but op doesn't want to bring it up for some reason.
And?

The OP asked for advice and has received advice. It's strange to me that you seem to have some personal stake in the hierarchy of the bus personnel and the outcome of this situation.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:30 PM

149 posts, read 100,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAviaCA View Post
Umm, Carson is hardly on the "stretch" between LA and SF (typically referred to as I-5). Carson is in south Los Angeles county and has a population of 92,000 people. Surrounded by other cities with a similar population.

SMH.
I asked my husband and he said we've drove it many times going to Carson. He described it to me and I recalled it WELL.
I never stated the area was Carson
As stated, no churches. Hardly any people so the Christian Music she heard was not due to the population being Christian.

There is only gas stations, fruit stands and a few restaurants.
that stretch of hwy is made up of AG land.
She even acknowledged it after recalling the area.
Understood a christian radio station doesn't = everyone is christian in that area
Especially when there is not enough of a population to even fill one church
Nor is there even a small town.
No biggie.
Not relevant to the topic

Last edited by ByeFelicia.; 09-25-2018 at 01:06 PM..

Old 09-25-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
And?

The OP asked for advice and has received advice. It's strange to me that you seem to have some personal stake in the hierarchy of the bus personnel and the outcome of this situation.
I could care less about it.
It was to make a point another poster refused to focus on.
And kept badgering about this statement instead
Op elevating herself to seeming as being the bus driver, then clarifiying the truth afterwards.
She's a bus aide. They do not pick up kids.
And the other statements akin to such, even saying "I pick up along with"
Freudian slip showing the mentality
Talking in the first person as if she has equal control over the bus and the music playing on that bus.
Let's not get off topic here.
yes she is just a Bus Aide.
He just kept bringing that up
point in case; She cannot control the radio

The bus driver, who controls the bus, does

Right now, I am just a lower level supervisor
I cannot control the music in my own office at the moment
And yes, sometimes Christian music is played.
Oh well.
I either move up
or gently ask to change the radio station
Christian music is generally not my preference.
We are also funded by the public
I work for a vendor of the state

If she gets partial benefits, the bus aide job can be very good for the hours put in.
If I loose my job due to age discrimination way down the line
I am keeping that position in mind

Nothing wrong with a Bus Aide Job
but one must realize perspective relative to the level of one's position.
Versus others in order to remain honoring all positions

Last edited by ByeFelicia.; 09-25-2018 at 01:08 PM..

Old 09-25-2018, 12:45 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,642,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Hello all,

I work at this special education school and part of the job requires driving students from home to school. I pick up 6 students (severely autistic) with 2 other staff members. On the way, the radio is always on usually playing music. I was recently put on a new route with 2 girls I had never worked with before. One morning, I hear music with lyrics mention how great Jesus was. I was like "WTF?!". One of the co-worker had tuned in the Christian radio station without asking anyone if it was ok. The other girl seemed to be fine with it. For an hour straight, the radio in the van kept spitting tasteless evangelical music. I though I was going to lose my mind. I'm not Christian and I find Christian music lame. Sorry it is offends some people but those are my personal opinions.

I was bothered but I didn't say anything, hoping it would not happen again. I was wrong. Every morning it has been the same thing. It really bothers me to have Jesus stuff rubbed on my face. The institution is a charter school funded with public money, the van belongs to the school. What if I was playing satanic death metal ? What if someone else was playing Islamic chants? I don't want to make it a bigger deal than it really is, but I think that woman should know better. I think it is rude, inconsiderate and inappropriate to other staff members, and those students.

How would you handle this?
I would put it on NPR without asking, they don't play much music but feature lots of interesting reports and interviews. Totally agree that Christian music sucks, my dentist plays it and it makes a dental visit even more irritating. The worst was when I had a temp job where they played loud country music all freaking day. Longest 2 weeks of my life.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Umm, Carson is hardly on the "stretch" between LA and SF (typically referred to as I-5). Carson is in south Los Angeles county and has a population of 92,000 people. Surrounded by other cities with a similar population.

SMH.
Some people go to LA and think they've seen all there is to see in CA. SMH along with you.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:

SMH.
Some people go to LA and think they've seen all there is to see in CA. SMH along with you.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
No one here has said such a thing.
But don't let that stop you from shaking your head SMH
Now you got me doing it!
That statement was in relation to the christian music
op said is played on a long stretch of I-5.
Along with Country and Mexican music
So true....we agree
except it doesn't= the population is christian.
since there is almost no population there
along that long stretch of ag land.
To even fill up one tiny church

Old 09-25-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
No one here has said such a thing.
But don't let that stop you from shaking your head SMH
Now you got me doing it!
That statement was in relation to the christian music
op said is played on a long stretch of I-5.
Along with Country and Mexican music
So true....we agree
except it doesn't= the population is christian.
since there is almost no population there
along that long stretch of ag land.
To even fill up one tiny church
You expressed disbelief that Ca even has a Christian station. That alone shows you know nothing about it. You've been corrected, but continue to argue. The more you say, the more ignorant you sound.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:41 PM

510 posts, read 500,123 times
Quote:
I asked my husband and he said we've drove it many times going to Carson. He described it to me and I recalled it WELL.
I never stated the area was Carson
As stated, no churches. Hardly any people so the Christian Music she heard was not due to the population being Christian.

What you see on the highway can be worlds different when you take an exit. I live in NJ and there are stretches of highway where you would think there is nothing but forest and fields but when you actually get off the highway there are suburbs, cities, malls and all the trappings modern society can offer. Basically don't judge a region from what you see from your car window.

I also have a real hard time believing there are no churches, especially in small towns. The more remote you get, the more churches you find even when the population is small and population density is low. And religious radio absolutely thrives in remote parts. Whenever I have to rent a car without satellite radio and find myself in the sticks and far away from a major population center, the radio is crammed with preachers telling me I am a heathen or going to burn or something along those lines. After like 20 minutes frantically searching for the devil's music station the damn signal fades and it goes back to "Jesus loves you, but he'll love you more if you send me money"

Old 09-25-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
One bus, three employees. They are ALL responsible for getting the students to and from school.

You're right. It's not rocket science, but you certainly seem to be having trouble with this.

Done with trying to explain this to you.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships