Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 01:22 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Thanks. My dad does want her back but so do I. Why is that? She was a part of my childhood. Maybe we weren’t closest friends but she was a part of it. My dad has so many family members he stopped seeing growing up but my mom has kept in touch with hers. This was one of the only families that we saw on his side and it was every holidays. Thinking of her and her family brings me back. I love my new cousins. But I want her to be part of it.
Your OP:

Quote:
...Now let's just hope that u know who reacts to this. I won't post anything negative, but I hope she feels a little bit guilty for snubbing us all these years. Not nice.
You wrote that first, then you said you want her to be part of it. You do? Because it doesn't sound like you do. It sounds like you want to rub her face in it. "Look at me, I met them all and we are having the grandest of times. You were wrong! And I'm going to point it out every chance I get. No, not going to 'say' anything, but I sure am going to post photos to gloat about it."

That's not healthy. You had a good time, you met your cousins, that should be enough.

And for the record, just because you 'found something to talk about', and everything was hugs and kisses doesn't mean that you actually have things in common with everyone in your family. I had not seen my brothers or my sister since I was 4 years old. I met my sister, in person, 3 years ago. Yeah, we had all those hugs and kisses and good times at first, too.

And then we realized, we do have some things in common, but we are two very different people. One of us holds a grudge about everything that happened when we were kids, and uses that grudge on everyone else because she can't get back at the people who actually hurt her/us. That person is not me.

Would you like to know what holding a grudge does to someone? It eventually alienates everyone around them, even those who do love them (like a sister or a cousin), because they get tired of it. Because it's exhausting being around someone who holds a grudge, especially when that person starts using other people, (like their sister or cousins) to hold over other peoples heads.

Just. Enjoy. These cousins are not pawns in your game. Let it go. You have reunited with them. Enjoy that. Let the rest go. Or you'll end up like my sister - no one wants to talk to her anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 01:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
The OP has started MULTIPLE THREADS ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC.

He has said on here before that he has been diagnosed with OCD, and in my opinion our continued replies to his compulsive posts are only feeding into his disorder.

He is clearly exhibiting extreme OCD symptoms here on this forum, and I am going to challenge the other posters here to STOP REPLYING to his posts.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:34 PM

749 posts, read 481,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Your OP:

You wrote that first, then you said you want her to be part of it. You do? Because it doesn't sound like you do. It sounds like you want to rub her face in it. "Look at me, I met them all and we are having the grandest of times. You were wrong! And I'm going to point it out every chance I get. No, not going to 'say' anything, but I sure am going to post photos to gloat about it."

That's not healthy. You had a good time, you met your cousins, that should be enough.

And for the record, just because you 'found something to talk about', and everything was hugs and kisses doesn't mean that you actually have things in common with everyone in your family. I had not seen my brothers or my sister since I was 4 years old. I met my sister, in person, 3 years ago. Yeah, we had all those hugs and kisses and good times at first, too.

And then we realized, we do have some things in common, but we are two very different people. One of us holds a grudge about everything that happened when we were kids, and uses that grudge on everyone else because she can't get back at the people who actually hurt her/us. That person is not me.

Would you like to know what holding a grudge does to someone? It eventually alienates everyone around them, even those who do love them (like a sister or a cousin), because they get tired of it. Because it's exhausting being around someone who holds a grudge, especially when that person starts using other people, (like their sister or cousins) to hold over other peoples heads.

Just. Enjoy. These cousins are not pawns in your game. Let it go. You have reunited with them. Enjoy that. Let the rest go. Or you'll end up like my sister - no one wants to talk to her anymore.

Well I overheard my mom talking to my dad that she can't believe the cousin is ignoring us even after I posted the photos. She thinks that when she sees me actually taking these actions, it should be a reminder to the cousin that she should participate. But by her not responding, my parents have taken offense to it and now say calling her would be wrong because she didn't respond on FB. Too bad, I got a lot of cousins responding.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:46 PM

749 posts, read 481,894 times
Could I have my threads deleted if I wanted to? I can take screen shots of the tips. But the last thing I want is for my family to see all this. Considering we’re all connected you just never know. She could get the wrong idea about me if she knew how I felt. I want my thoughts to be private.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:51 PM

6,301 posts, read 4,197,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
The OP has started MULTIPLE THREADS ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC.

He has said on here before that he has been diagnosed with OCD, and in my opinion our continued replies to his compulsive posts are only feeding into his disorder.

He is clearly exhibiting extreme OCD symptoms here on this forum, and I am going to challenge the other posters here to STOP REPLYING to his posts.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:00 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
I want my thoughts to be private.
A little late for that !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships