Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 01:18 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,413,419 times

Advertisements

Update: It's now taken care of! I heard the snowblower again, so I ran out there and asked that neighbor to not do mine as Ted would get mad and I didn't want the gravel flying around. He first said something like he was just talking to Ted and Ted never mentioned it. But anyway, it ended with him saying no problem, he would not snow blow my driveway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 01:53 PM

4,866 posts, read 2,674,972 times
toss a lit pack of firecrackers out behind him while he is doing it..don't let him see you do it..

Old 01-20-2019, 02:22 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,599 times
two shotgun blasts from a double barreled shotgun should serve as warning not to trespass

Old 01-20-2019, 02:30 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
After you've asked someone not to do something, if they keep doing it, it is not "nice."

OP: What did he say when you initially told him not to do it? You left his response out.

There seem to be two issues here: The noise from the snow blower (which you can't do anything about) and him trespassing on your property.

I don't "get" the issue with your other neighbor.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:39 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Update: It's now taken care of! I heard the snowblower again, so I ran out there and asked that neighbor to not do mine as Ted would get mad and I didn't want the gravel flying around. He first said something like he was just talking to Ted and Ted never mentioned it. But anyway, it ended with him saying no problem, he would not snow blow my driveway.
Its possible that he simply didn't remember the subtle convo from last winter. Many folks live more in the moment. Sometimes adding a logical reason for NOT doing something helps the message sink in. The flying gravel worry is very reasonable. Looks like there was no ulterior motive or conspiracy was there?

Old 01-20-2019, 02:43 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Didn’t you ask him already? Why do you think this time it will be different?

Old 01-20-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Didn’t you ask him already? Why do you think this time it will be different?
I said it too casually and subtly last year. This time I clearly stated not to snow blow my driveway and added the parts of Ted getting mad and the gravel flying around.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
two shotgun blasts from a double barreled shotgun should serve as warning not to trespass
Lol, my life is not a Western show!

Old 01-20-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
After you've asked someone not to do something, if they keep doing it, it is not "nice."

OP: What did he say when you initially told him not to do it? You left his response out.

There seem to be two issues here: The noise from the snow blower (which you can't do anything about) and him trespassing on your property.

I don't "get" the issue with your other neighbor.
I spoke to him outside awhile ago and he agreed to never snow blow my driveway again. I was not mean nor was I nice, just matter-of-fact.

The noise wasn't the issue. It's how I knew or suspected he was snow blowing my driveway and the back part, because I could hear it clearly. When he's blowing his own driveway, it's not so loud inside my house.

A year ago, after he had snow blowed my driveway multiple times, when I was outside shoveling with my shovel (no noise and no gas fumes), he came outside. I told him he didn't need to blow my driveway, I could do it myself and I liked the exercise, he said, "ok" or something like that. This conversation took place sort of shouting in the street, with me on my side and him on his side.

Some time in the spring or summer, my other neighbor that I share the driveway with, Ted, was maybe drunk and doing something in his yard and yelled over to me as I was in my yard gardening that he didn't want that guy snow blowing the driveway, that he would do it.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Its possible that he simply didn't remember the subtle convo from last winter. Many folks live more in the moment. Sometimes adding a logical reason for NOT doing something helps the message sink in. The flying gravel worry is very reasonable. Looks like there was no ulterior motive or conspiracy was there?
Yep, turns out he is someone you have to state very plainly and clearly a request or it doesn't really sink in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships