Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2021, 08:09 PM

102,306 posts, read 108,445,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Perhaps your aunt died, leaving everything to you.
That would explain it all. But there may be another explanation that only your cousins would know. Write them a letter.
Or she left the house to them, but her money/investment account to Rick., or to Rick & his brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2021, 09:33 PM

6,508 posts, read 4,042,147 times
OP, have you spoken with other family members about this besides your brother? Are they also concerned that they haven't heard from these relatives? What do they think should be done?

Old 04-17-2021, 10:06 PM

3,428 posts, read 3,362,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
OP, have you spoken with other family members about this besides your brother? Are they also concerned that they haven't heard from these relatives? What do they think should be done?
Just my brother and sister. They both say: "Just write a fast letter asking if all is okay; otherwise just leave 'em alone - if I hear back, great. If not, don't contact 'em anymore."

Old 04-17-2021, 10:32 PM

5,298 posts, read 7,658,531 times
I am gobsmacked by some of the replies you have gotten and the fact that some people can't read before asking the same questions, over and over and over and over....... I admire how well you have handled all of this. I do believe there is something suspicious going on and I realize you don't consider it any of your business but, I would be concerned about the physical welfare of my aunt. For me, I would have to bite the bullet and call for a welfare check and verification that it was my aunt.

But that is how you would handle it. I have been involved with several cases of elder abuse, and child abuse, that people "didn't want to get involved" and the consequences were horrible or even resulted in death. When a little "getting involved" might have prevented a tragedy. I would never be able to draw an easy breath. The relationship is already ruined anyway so you have nothing to lose. JMO.

Thx for sharing and at least you were not a troll and came back repeatedly to explain your position to people that couldn't read.

Old 04-18-2021, 01:59 AM

23,913 posts, read 33,736,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Just my brother and sister. They both say: "Just write a fast letter asking if all is okay; otherwise just leave 'em alone - if I hear back, great. If not, don't contact 'em anymore."

I totally disagree. Something isn't Kosher. You saw everyone but your aunt. Maybe she's sick with COVID or could have died from it. A welfare check should be done. I guess you don't want it to come back that it was you? I mean, obviously it would be you since you were just there.

Old 04-18-2021, 02:09 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,641,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
It's their Aunt too. Why do they not want to see if she is ok?

Old 04-18-2021, 03:12 AM

22,537 posts, read 12,100,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I totally disagree. Something isn't Kosher. You saw everyone but your aunt. Maybe she's sick with COVID or could have died from it. A welfare check should be done. I guess you don't want it to come back that it was you? I mean, obviously it would be you since you were just there.
Maybe not so obvious. As I pointed out, if the family has any community connections (church, clubs, etc.) someone who knows them from that connection could be the one reporting it. Even if they don't know their neighbors very well, a neighbor could have noticed something that appeared to be off.

So, no, it's not necessary obvious that the one calling could be Rick.

Old 04-18-2021, 06:01 AM

9,934 posts, read 7,829,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You live in South Carolina?
Yes and I'm sincerely happy to help see what I can find out if it's close by. Who knows, it's a small world. Maybe his aunt goes to my church or lives in my neighborhood.

Did you think I lived somewhere else?

Old 04-18-2021, 06:17 AM

50,459 posts, read 64,317,889 times
I’m late to the party, but if my cousins, who I was raised with, did that to me I would absolutely call the local elder welfare agency and have them check on my aunt.

Something definitely smells rotten.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:13 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,966,183 times
Something is amiss.

Even during a pandemic, you can talk outside for a few moments.

Definitely, a welfare check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships