Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do you bring in socially awkward people so your real friends reject them? lol I've seen people do that. It's weird.
No, I would not do that. I just feel bad when someone is alone and wanting to part of something bigger. It just does not seem normal that the world is so big and so full of people and there are still many who feel they do not belong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Yes I was ranting about my roommate boasting and bragging at every chance he had. He also had no sense of humor and tried to annoy me by doing a bunch of little annoying things. One was not including me in his circle, when we knew the exact same people. Then when I finally met his circle of people I was revolted because they were all just like him.

OMG I was so fed up with him and his garbage since the first two weeks of living with him. I wasn't ranting about any person in particular on this forum. So nobody really needed to be defensive or petulant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Should I ask who was ranting and raving? Nevermind

I am sorry you were not treated like you should have been. Do you think it is better now?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Do you bring in socially awkward people so your real friends reject them? lol I've seen people do that. It's weird.
There is a really funny movie on this topic. I believe I even posted about it at the time I saw it.

Dîner de cons, Le (1998)

That dumb dinner guest turned out to be very warm-hearted, though.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Yes I was ranting about my roommate boasting and bragging at every chance he had. He also had no sense of humor and tried to annoy me by doing a bunch of little annoying things.

OMG I was so fed up with him and his garbage since the first two weeks of living with him. I wasn't ranting about any person in particular on this forum.
No, I meant which CD members were ranting and raving at you...I don't want to know who it was.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:48 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
I guess what you're saying is sometimes CD can turn into OCD?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
No, I would not do that. I just feel bad when someone is alone and wanting to part of something bigger. It just does not seem normal that the world is so big and so full of people and there are still many who feel they do not belong...
I don't know... I personally find this kind of charity offensive, particularly if it's not sincere. I don't do it and I don't want it done to me.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 PM

My friend from college has aspergers syndrome and he was also real heavy set. I invited him to my birthday party and people seemed to include him in the circle. A lot of the friends and people I met in college had "issues". I really didn't care that I wasn't part of any circle for most of college.

Quote:

Old 10-23-2008, 10:50 PM

It was probably you before I knew you. lol ...just kidding.

Quote:
No, I meant which CD members were ranting and raving at you...I don't want to know who it was.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I guess what you're saying is sometimes CD can turn into OCD?
We agree on something...one for the record books

CD can get emotional but all in all, we enjoy one another.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't know... I personally find this kind of charity offensive, particularly if it's not sincere. I don't do it and I don't want it done to me.
It is not insincere...I like talking to people and I enjoy getting to know others and making them feel welcome. I am unsure how this could be offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships