Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:54 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,301,555 times

Advertisements

I agree with some of the other posters. I try to keep my work life and my private life as separate as possible, so moving in with a coworker would be out of the question. I wouldn't worry so much about the guy living down stairs. Like others have said, it sounds like he is stringing you along. That to me would be a very big turn off. Who has time for games like that?

So my best advice - wait a little longer till you can afford your own place or find different roommates. This option, living with the coworker, is the most conveniant but in the long run I think it would be more of a hassle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:54 PM

691 posts, read 2,330,662 times
Living with friends can either be okay, or a disaster. I don't know you or your friend, but just make sure you have things spelled out on paper to maintain the friendship. After all, business is business. It is better to state a business like relationship, so that no one takes advantage of anyone else. Hash out the "rules" together. And discuss what could happen if things go badly. What would drive you crazy, her crazy, don't just look at the positive. What is one of you loses your job?

As for that guy, he sounds like trouble. Stay away from him. He is the type who thinks that hanging out with friends is a date, and then you guys have booty time. Be nice, but find someone better. Otherwise, he will just show up in your bed all the time, and just think that is part of his benefits.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,302,469 times
No. #1 you do not know the co-worker well enough to live there. #2, it's too cozy and too convenient. Those types of situations become chaotic and difficult if you like your space - or your neighbor is pushy.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Fan

65 posts, read 207,190 times
If you move in with your friend it might ruin your friendship. I moved in with a friend of mine 2 years ago and all I can say is ... we are not close anymore! She is a slob - I am a neatfreak - it didn't work out!!!

Oh and about that guy - yah he likes you (duh......) What if it doesn't work out? You'll be stuck seeing his face every single day.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:44 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,212,479 times
I would NEVER entertain the idea of living with a co-worker, that has disaster written all over it.

If it weren't a co-worker situation and regarding the guy and other stuff, I lived up above a store where there were only two apartments and the girl next door and I might as well have been roommates - we would knock on the wall when we heard the other in their bathroom and say good morning. But we had a group of friends - 7 or 8 both male and female. We did a lot of stuff together or one on one boy or girl. We'd snuggle under blankets watching movies or take trips and all stay in one hotel room. While there were flirtatious remarks made and some quite funny, the situation was more like a bunch of brother and sisters. I kissed one of the guys one time and it was like kissing my brother it just didn't feel right. To this day several of us are still very good friends and it's not uncommon to get together for a beer or two even if it is with one of the guys. We discussed everything from work to relationships and have been there every step of the way. So, without being present in this guy's head, it could very well be harmless. You just need to approach it from an ambivalent sort of way if you were to be that close to this person if you don't want to misread him or have a boyfriend relationship with him.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:57 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,284,539 times
I would not do it for the reason of the co-worker alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships