Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:57 PM

5 posts, read 14,566 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who likes to snuggle but I am not into that touchy feely stuff. She like hugs and she like to snuggle. I don't think I can snuggle because to me the world tells me it is a bad thing. It is not like we like each other in a sexual way. Please help! I would like to read your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 01:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times
It may be easier for women to do this - I have seen it to some extent, but to my knowledge not all ladies are into this kind of closeness.

Guys - no way in hell.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,693,115 times
I can maybe see a sister, or if your like 8/9 years old. Otherwise..
Thats a little strange, yeah.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It may be easier for women to do this - I have seen it to some extent, but to my knowledge not all ladies are into this kind of closeness.

Guys - no way in hell.
In the United States.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
In the United States.
Nowhere I know of. Where would this be acceptable among men? Just curious.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,448,703 times
I think it's sweet when friends are physically affectionate. Friends are the family you choose, and I think it's sad that everything is spun down to how it appears from a sexual point-of-view.

Men...well, men have appearances to keep up, I guess.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nowhere I know of. Where would this be acceptable among men? Just curious.
Almost all of Asia. Guys go around arm in arm, it's the highest sign of camaraderie.

I have pictures of me and other boys taking bath in a popular waterfalls site from my younger days. Any westerner who sees it will call us all gay.

Coz people's minds here are so drenched in that homo/hetero physics, which is sad. It's unheard of in the East.

And the last time I went there, it's become a common joke that holding hands, arms, hand over the shoulders or showing other forms of explicit dude friendship is considered gay in the West

Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM

138 posts, read 285,784 times
I Can !!!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:11 PM

145 posts, read 224,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hil19 View Post
I have a friend who likes to snuggle but I am not into that touchy feely stuff. She like hugs and she like to snuggle. I don't think I can snuggle because to me the world tells me it is a bad thing. It is not like we like each other in a sexual way. Please help! I would like to read your feedback!

What exactly goes on in the "snuggling session"?

Old 12-04-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Almost all of Asia. Guys go around arm in arm, it's the highest sign of camaraderie.

I have pictures of me and other boys taking bath in a popular waterfalls site from my younger days. Any westerner who sees it will call us all gay.

Coz people's minds here are so drenched in that homo/hetero physics, which is sad. It's unheard of in the East.

And the last time I went there, it's become a common joke that holding hands, arms, hand over the shoulders or showing other forms of explicit dude friendship is considered gay in the West
OK. I got ya. In Latin America men hug when they greet and even peck on the cheek (among families anyway). And a man will drape his arm around another man's shoulder if they're friends. But holding hands and/or snuggling is not done. And yes, the homo/hetero thing is strong in Latin America despite the fact the Latins are more touchy-feely than North Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships