Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2006, 11:53 AM

8,966 posts, read 20,391,085 times

Advertisements

We have now lived in Colorado for 4 1/2 yrs. (2 in Englewood, 2 1/2 now in Parker....both south of Denver).
Due to the cold weather of winter, which is affecting our bones and muscles now (ages: me 57/wife 58), we are looking at moving to either the Orlando, Fl area or to the Charlotte, NC area.
I had hip replacement surgery last Sept. and I can already feel the oncoming winter affecting it.
Any info on the Charlotte area would be much appreciated.
Thanks
We love boating/fishing and know that there are a number of lakes there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2006, 02:53 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,910,646 times
Charlotte is a great area. There are two large lakes in the area (Lake Norman to the north and Lake Wylie to the south). For info for specific questions/neededs, charlotte.com or visitcharlotte.com. This is a nice 4-season climate. Though we don't have winters like CO, we do get 6"-7" of snow per year. Good luck in your search!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 01:25 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,762,834 times
I think I'd contact some of the many Floridians who are leaving for NC and discuss with them their reasons.
Orlalndo is a nice place to visit especially in the winter. Have you ever been there in the heat of summer? I was in southern Florida last weekl. Our friends are leaving there because of the escalating costs of living and the costs of housing insurance.
Anywhere close to Lake Norman is congested and expensive. Big time congested and expensive. Whoever it was that didn't widden I-77 years ago should be hanged. When they do widden it or repave it they are going to have the worse traffic jam ever.
I don't know much about Lake Wylie but I read good things about Tega Cay.
Western NC has four seasons none of which are extreme. If you want to see some snow take a drive to the mountains. If it gets hot in the summer take a drive to the mountains. If you want to see the ocean take a drive to the beach. Granted, you are closer to the ocean in Orlando.
Are you still working? If not you might consider a little further from Charlotte like Hickory "Lake Hickoryl" which is a wide spot of the Catawba River or Lake James between Morganton and Marion.
Good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina