Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Oh. My. God.

You just voted against any legal recognition whatsoever.
Again the old axiom of; "you can't fix stupid" is proven yet again.

They are dumber than a box of rocks, even after you explain it to them.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:03 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,834,607 times
Quote:
Mooresboro:
If they came up with something else that wasn't marriage that gave the gays the same rights as married couples then i wouldn't have such an opposition towards it.
Then why did you support Amendment One, which has now blocked ANY sort of recognition for any "domestic legal union" whatsoever, permanently, other than man + woman marriage! Plenty of conservatives spoke out AGAINST the amendment for this very reason, including "Tea Party" Congresswoman Renee Ellmers. If you don't believe in same-sex marriage but do support some kind of legal non-marriage recognition of committed same-sex couples, then you needed to vote AGAINST this amendment--send it back and have them rewrite it only to address marriage, if you wanted, but now you've gone and forever blocked ANY legal recognition. Did you even read the wording of the amendment at all (obviously not). The longer you rant and rave on here and say things that clearly are untrue, the more your own ignorance is showing, LOL.

Quote:
tread102:
Great. Understand that same shoe fits you. You can't make fun of my God, and my religion, and not be a bigot as well.
Making fun of someone's religion (which I don't believe is what the poster was doing) is NOT "bigotry" unless said person is actually trying to take away rights from you on account of your religion. I haven't seen anyone trying to say that "Christians" (presuming that's how you identify yourself) should not be allowed to marry each other or should be relegated to second-class citizenship rights, nor have I seen calls for violence against Christians, so "bigotry" is not the term. It may be a patronizing attitude and it may tick you off, but it's not bigotry in the same way trying to beat down a class of people by disallowing legal rights or privileges is. Look up the definition.

PS, I am another native North Carolinian who's never lived in another state who worked tirelessly AGAINST this travesty. And two of the people I know who also worked nonstop to defeat it are a heterosexual, 60-something married couple, NC natives, in rural Wilson county who are deacons in their church. Now our beloved state is the laughingstock of the rest of the country and the "hick" reputation that so many from outside the state already had of us is being reinforced much more. so much for "job creation" and "moving NC forward as a thriving, educated state". Nice going, GOP legislature. Tell us again how you want "less government intrusion into people's lives"?

Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 AM

197 posts, read 299,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooresboro View Post
How can you even compare this to the civil rights act? This is a whole different issue, gay people marrying is just morally wrong and it's that simple, its obvious the majority of North Carolinian's AND citizens of this country agree with me. Political correctness has spiraled way out of control.

What's MORALLY WRONG is hate , along with of course attempts to control others and their lives based upon YOUR hatred.

And before you even start , nope I'm not a 'liberal'.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Have you noticed i haven't mentioned the bible once? So i don't really understand what you're trying to justify with that statement but if you're trying to make yourself feel superior and justified go right ahead it doesn't bother me.

Really? Ya just started making judgements as regards folks " morals " , and 99 times out of 100 it's followed by the usual quote from Leviticus.

And it rather does seem that it's YOU that's attempting to prop yourself up so YOU can feel superior and justified.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
So what are you trying to say, That every single republican makes their decisions based solely on the bible?

Edit: Ok, i think i understand what you're trying to do.... You don't know what to say so you're going to bring up the bible in an attempt to make me and other Christians look bad and make yourself look good, right?

It's not even worth debating you anymore.. Next.

An attempt? Hell he doesn't have to , you're making yourself " look bad" quite efficiently all on your own.

And you weren't debating , you aren't equipped to debate , you're too busy bleating the Party Line like the sheep that you so much resemble.

So hey go ahead and bring the Bible at *me* , 'cause here's a clue for ya , the usual proof-texting and quoting TRASH like Joyce Meyers ( YEAH I DID just say that) and the rest of the SHILLS that are about putting money in their own pockets and that of the given abusive denomination just ain't agonna get it.

Be REAL careful with your pick and choose theology with *me* , and you really don't want to start yapping the Mosaic Laws at me , you'll get an education and you really won't much care for the results.

A quote for you.......a verse that you and those of your ilk constantly seem to discard.

" Remove the log from thine own eye brother , prior to worrying about the mote in another's."

Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 AM

351 posts, read 633,029 times
Wow. That Ron sure did jump in with both feet. And only 7 posts so far. Somewhat odd?

Anyway, isn't "hate" such a strong word? Just because someone doesn't vote against his own convictions for the supposed benefit of someone else, it becomes hate?

Seems extreme, doesn't it?

Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I'm done debating for today because i have to go to work, but i'm just going to point out where i stand on the issue of gay marriage.

I don't care if you're gay, just keep it to yourself and quit trying to change traditional marriage which is and always will be between a man and a woman.

If they came up with something else that wasn't marriage that gave the gays the same rights as married couples then i wouldn't have such an opposition towards it.

You were debating? Where?

And golly GEE whiz , they already have , it's called C I V I L U N I O N S and you lot whined and sniveled about that too.

Ya spend entirely too much time with the obsession on what other folks are doing in their own bedrooms. All the while excusing the most egregious of behavior from the Fundie Elite.

And me? I'll say what I damn please about it , and about the South , since I was bred and born in the South and born into the CESSPOOL of aberrant Southern Christianity , educated within it's auspices and had to put up with individuals such as yourself and the control freak bull****.

Oh and again , I'm not a liberal , nor am I a conservative , both parties have become relatively speaking USELESS because they cater to the lowest common denominator that caterwauls the loudest. They cater to the fanatics on either side , fanatics like YOU.

And in the end there's VERY little difference between Fundies and their " Rules according to God" and Radical Islamics and Sharia Law.

And best learn the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant and exactly who the Mosaic Laws applied to.

Yap *once* more about " morals " and you're gonna get a long and quite thorough list of immoral and unethical clowns that are mostly still barking from the pulpit.

Along with hate-mongers such as Fred Phelps and his bunch , the solution for whom is a rope and a freaking tree , some assembly necessary and repeat as needed.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Great. Understand that same shoe fits you. You can't make fun of my God, and my religion, and not be a bigot as well. You say tons of hateful things, but its ok because those people don't subscribe to you point of views.

Uh HUH. Like when one leaves the " fold " and then is subsequently pursued literally across the country.

Here , lets just cut to the chase , many socalled Christians have become so embroiled in their system of C O N T R O L that they've lost sight of the most BASIC tenet within the Text.

" treat thy fellow man as you would be treated."

So let me get this straight here , nobody can " make fun" of christendom , but YOU are allowed to exercise judgement , make derogatory comment and ridicule as you please to? Is that about it?

Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
Wow. That Ron sure did jump in with both feet. And only 7 posts so far. Somewhat odd?

Anyway, isn't "hate" such a strong word? Just because someone doesn't vote against his own convictions for the supposed benefit of someone else, it becomes hate?

Seems extreme, doesn't it?

Uh HUH. So post count affects validity does it? Hows that work , why don't you attempt a less transparent tactic?

And HATE is exactly *correct* , what else would YOU call it? And spare me the deflective verbiage , " convictions" my halfbreed ass , the verbiage posted and judgement passed qualifies as HATE.

You're starting something with the wrong person , I *came* from that world and I know the seamy, sordid underbelly as very few do.

Best be *real* certain you wish to take the above tack with me , I long ago drew a line in the sand as regards proselytisers and abusive , controlling Christians.

We can rend open this can of worms , you won't however be real happy with the results , especially when I start highlighting the UNHOLY marriage between religion and politics and the Ponzi Scheme nature of a goodly portion of the modern denominations.

How much ya want? Want to discuss the British-Israelism roots of much of Pentacostalism and the racist roots? Complete with the connections to Swift/Butler/Hale and W.C.I.?

Hey hows about a coupla well known televison Preachers ( shills) one of whom got caught with a male hooker and a lot of meth , another who liked to diddle teenage boys..............both still in the pulpit.

Or hey perhaps the Branch Davidian -Davidian-Shepherds Rod-SDA connection , guy you might remember by the name of Vernon Howell i.e. Koresh.........hey there's a REAL " moral" guy , slept his way into power with a woman three times his age and then kept a harem.

Or maybe C.O.G. and Mo Berg , google " flirty fishing " for a bit of info there.

But golly , I've only got 7 ( eight now) posts , so I just better shut up and " know my place".....right?

Dispense with the logical fallacies such as " arguement via vilification " please.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:35 AM

351 posts, read 633,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
Uh HUH. So post count affects validity does it? Hows that work , why don't you attempt a less transparent tactic?

And HATE is exactly *correct* , what else would YOU call it? And spare me the deflective verbiage , " convictions" my halfbreed ass , the verbiage posted and judgement passed qualifies as HATE.

You're starting something with the wrong person , I *came* from that world and I know the seamy, sordid underbelly as very few do.

Best be *real* certain you wish to take the above tack with me , I long ago drew a line in the sand as regards proselytisers and abusive , controlling Christians.

We can rend open this can of worms , you won't however be real happy with the results , especially when I start highlighting the UNHOLY marriage between religion and politics and the Ponzi Scheme nature of a goodly portion of the modern denominations.

How much ya want? Want to discuss the British-Israelism roots of much of Pentacostalism and the racist roots? Complete with the connections to Swift/Butler/Hale and W.C.I.?

Hey hows about a coupla well known televison Preachers ( shills) one of whom got caught with a male hooker and a lot of meth , another who liked to diddle teenage boys..............both still in the pulpit.

Or hey perhaps the Branch Davidian -Davidian-Shepherds Rod-SDA connection , guy you might remember by the name of Vernon Howell i.e. Koresh.........hey there's a REAL " moral" guy , slept his way into power with a woman three times his age and then kept a harem.

Or maybe C.O.G. and Mo Berg , google " flirty fishing " for a bit of info there.

But golly , I've only got 7 ( eight now) posts , so I just better shut up and " know my place".....right?

Dispense with the logical fallacies such as " arguement via vilification " please.
In all honesty, it sounds like you could really smoke me in a debate of religious failures. But I for one am not talking about religion and couldn't care much less.

I personally voted for the amendment because I believe marriage is a holy union between one man and one woman. I also believe that although we as humans fail miserably every single day, we are still to do what we believe is right as instructed from God's word.

TV preachers, Branch Davidians, your "British-Israelism roots of much of Pentacostalism" stuff. Its all fine if you want to use it against Christianity. That's your right.

I for one have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and I voted how I believe He wanted me to vote. Things like that give me joy and a peace that not many can understand unless they've experienced it. Maybe one day you'll find the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina