Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times

Advertisements

Cassie, I wish you well in Fayetteville. I grew up there and have several friends who still live there and like it still. I think there are some good folks there. If you've got a job lined up, that's more than half the battle. A place is what you make of it.

Tage, if you don't have a job lined up in Fayetteville and aren't moving to be around friends or family I'm not sure I would recommend it. The crime rate is not good. There are some nice places, but it's not my choice of NC towns. You might look in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), Charlotte and suburbs, or the Triad (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 08:57 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,243,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tage215 View Post
good source of information so far and i thank u guys so very much... @cane are there any cities u may consider??
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Cassie, I wish you well in Fayetteville. I grew up there and have several friends who still live there and like it still. I think there are some good folks there. If you've got a job lined up, that's more than half the battle. A place is what you make of it.

Tage, if you don't have a job lined up in Fayetteville and aren't moving to be around friends or family I'm not sure I would recommend it. The crime rate is not good. There are some nice places, but it's not my choice of NC towns. You might look in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), Charlotte and suburbs, or the Triad (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point).
I have to second poppydog here. These are the places that are seeing job growth.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Hey all! looking forward to becoming a new resident of Fayetteville, NC. Myself, my daughter, & fiance are looking to refresh life, in a more peaceful environment, & slow paced area. Currently the east coast is not where we want to raise our daughter, or continue to live our life anymore.
Um, are you aware that NC is on the East Coast??

Old 06-01-2013, 01:21 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
^ maybe she meant literally the coast

I would pick a larger metro and choose a small town like 30 minutes out (if you wanted to be in a small town).

Old 06-01-2013, 03:47 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,586 times
Quote:
Are there any cities u may consider??
I'd look into the suburbs of Raleigh. You asked for peace and affordability. Consider the towns of Clayton, Fuquay-Varina, Wake Forest, Rolesville, etc.

I am not a fan of Fayetteville. Hubby commutes there several days a week. I would not recommend moving there!

Old 06-01-2013, 04:38 PM

5 posts, read 11,054 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
I'd look into the suburbs of Raleigh. You asked for peace and affordability. Consider the towns of Clayton, Fuquay-Varina, Wake Forest, Rolesville, etc.

I am not a fan of Fayetteville. Hubby commutes there several days a week. I would not recommend moving there!

Thank you so much i appreciate the places to look up

Old 06-01-2013, 08:17 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
^ maybe she meant literally the coast
Maybe, but she could have just said "the coast" in that case. For some reason, a lot of folks use the term "the East Coast" to mean "The Northeast", as if the Southeast were not every bit as "east coast" (NC and FL have the most coastline on the Atlantic ocean of any states). I can't speak for what she meant, but several have used that terminology on these boards (and in real life) before, seeming to forget that NC is also "The East Coast".

Old 06-02-2013, 03:49 PM

983 posts, read 3,987,981 times
You need to be looking for jobs first. There's an article in today's Fayetteville Observer (daily newspaper) about how Fayetteville's unemployment rate is higher than the state rate right now.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 PM

4 posts, read 4,874 times
Yikes! Fayetteville has more bad than good...look into Aberdeen or Southern Pines or Pinehurst! ~ Dave

if ya need some pointers or help for the area send me an email : nomadarmy@gmail.com I've got a friend that manages some nice apartments in Southern Pines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina