Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:54 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,535,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There are so many wrong things in your post that I am just going to ignore it but I want to say one thing. We are tired of dead people and non-residents voting in our state. What business is it of yours what we do in North Carolina anyway? I think we are doing more things right here than in most states which is evidently why everybody wants to move here. Maybe if you had normal thought processes you would agree that we are far ahead of most states. Don't like the way we do things? You don't have to live here in the Promised Land.

Good for you NCN. The OP portends to be a resident of RI. I say probably because he/she has two user names, and has told a few different stories about where he/she grew up, NY ?, RI? vs. where he "really" grew up, Wash. DC? ... and is all over the place with mean and nasty posts. From Post #1 right here, it sure seems like race baiting, and southern hate spewing forth. At no time has this dude ever lived in the south, according to him/her, except probably flew in and out of an airport down here a time or two. It's simply hate speech and baiting for arguments. There are plenty of sadistic posters who just sit back and consider the CD forum entertainment. Sad isn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 02:56 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Plenty of people get "caught" by wanting to agree with the OP's type of post. No need to denigrate or get nasty ... are you so perfect ? that you've never been hoodwinked. Doubt it. Your own keyboard bravado rant is totally unnecessary.
Here's the thing... you immediately quoted that as a "great post" and threw in your own urban legend about black panthers. These statements are all easily debunked and completely false. Yet, both assertions (his and yours) are used as proof about others being "dumb" (his quote, not mine) when it comes to voting.

I do not believe voter ID laws will change things enough in the big picture, but it's the only thing they have left to go after to make a difference. So have it... lets just stop pretending about why they're pushing it.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
This gerrymander system was put in place by the Democrats years ago and was used by them and Republicans just had to live with it. Now the Democratic crybabies don't like it that it is our turn. Turn about is fair play. The same thing is going to happen with the new hate crimes law. It will be used against those that created it.
I'm not following... I don't care who cries or why. Just saying that they can't gerrymander the POTUS and they'll never take the white house because of it.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:07 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Here's the thing... you immediately quoted that as a "great post" and threw in your own urban legend about black panthers. These statements are all easily debunked and completely false. Yet, both assertions (his and yours) are used as proof about others being "dumb" (his quote, not mine) when it comes to voting.

I do not believe voter ID laws will change things enough in the big picture, but it's the only thing they have left to go after to make a difference. So have it... lets just stop pretending about why they're pushing it.
Evidently you forget the little incident in Fayetteville where illegal registrations and voting was allowed near a political rally which broke N. C. Law. I don't remember the specifics but I remember the news where it was reported. It was an outrageous situation of possible and probable voter fraud. So stop pretending that anyone is losing their rights. I don't think people have a right to defraud our voting system. Laws are being put in place to prevent that and that alone.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:13 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
I'm not following... I don't care who cries or why. Just saying that they can't gerrymander the POTUS and they'll never take the white house because of it.
I simply said that Republicans are doing what the Democrats have been doing for years which is gerrymandering. I personally think the last election was stolen in N. C. for Obama with voter fraud. It was very close and a lot of things were going on that should not have happened. Luckily nationally it did not make a difference. If it had, our state might have been responsible for a wrong outcome. Having good voter laws in place makes our state responsible, in my opinion.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:26 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,287,600 times
Anyone who can't come up with an ID in North Carolina is basically a moron who doesn't need to be voting. Why do liberals take it for granted that it's a good thing to enable the illiterate, the dimwitted, and the most unproductive dolts to have a vote?

My answer (and I'm a registered Democrat) is because these kinds of people almost always vote for Democrats. The unfortunate consequence is that the Democratic party can run slimy party hacks rather than worthy candidates and still count on their vote . . .

Unfortunately for my little model of the world, I have no answer for the question "Why does the Republican party run so many meatheads?" . . .

Old 07-17-2014, 03:34 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,535,926 times
Quote:

OK MikeyKid, gotch'ya, it's your way or the highway. FYI, lots of people get skunked by posts. It's not the end of our world, maybe yours, but I surely don't take myself that seriously. It was a mistake, get the hell over it. And don't try to turn this thread into something rabidly political and/or racist which was the OP's intent, and start attacking posters such as the OP is famous for.

Having said that, as for the Black Panthers, they were in the wrong, they were intimidating voters outside the polling place. Regardless whether you agree with the laws or not, it is not your prevue to make such decisions. Reliable liberal and conservative news reports stated the facts which led to an investigation. You may agree or not agree with the investigative results, that is your right. But it is not your right to attack other posters who also have opinions. Maybe you should hustle over to 'Politics and Other Controversies" and spew your venom there.

Last edited by QuilterChick; 07-17-2014 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: spelling error corrected

Old 07-17-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Evidently you forget the little incident in Fayetteville where illegal registrations and voting was allowed near a political rally which broke N. C. Law. I don't remember the specifics but I remember the news where it was reported. It was an outrageous situation of possible and probable voter fraud. So stop pretending that anyone is losing their rights. I don't think people have a right to defraud our voting system. Laws are being put in place to prevent that and that alone.
Quote:
I simply said that Republicans are doing what the Democrats have been doing for years which is gerrymandering. I personally think the last election was stolen in N. C. for Obama with voter fraud. It was very close and a lot of things were going on that should not have happened. Luckily nationally it did not make a difference. If it had, our state might have been responsible for a wrong outcome. Having good voter laws in place makes our state responsible, in my opinion.
We learn some very basic stuff when we're kids - perpetuating misinformation is wrong (white lies), ignorance is not an excuse, 2 wrongs don't make a right... Voter fraud as an issue has been completely debunked. Gerrymandering is terrible and should go away. You're inserting personal opinion into the mix, not facts. We all have the right to do that, it's just responsible behavior to differentiate between opinion and fact. There is no documented proof of voter fraud impacting any election - yet we all know gerrymandering directly impacts elections.

In the end, our definition of "good voter laws" is completely different... especially when due to gerrymandering our Congress is not properly representing the population that "elected" them. Politicians have stopped representing their majority constituents long ago - this is not responsible government by any stretch, even if you make people have IDs to vote.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
OK MikeyKid, gotch'ya, it's your way or the highway. FYI, lots of people get skunked by posts. It's not the end of our world, maybe yours, but I surely don't take myself that seriously. It was a mistake, get the hell over it. And don't try to turn this thread into something rabidly political and/or racist which was the OP's intent, and start attacking posters such as the OP is famous for.

Having said that, as for the Black Panthers, they were in the wrong, they were intimidating voters outside the polling place. Regardless whether you agree with the laws or not, it is not your prevue to make such decisions. Reliable liberal and conservative news reports stated the facts which led to an investigation. You may agree or not agree with the investigative results, that is your right. But it is not your right to attack other posters who also have opinions. Maybe you should hustle over to 'Politics and Other Controversies" and spew your venom there.
I think you're going off half cocked here... I inserted myself into this thread because the poster I replied to copy/pasted woefully incorrect information about the previous election and called us "dumb". You might want to look back on the history here.

IMO - the Black Panthers are a red herring in relation to the voter fraud discussion. "Poll monitors" serve an almost identical function. This is as off topic as you're accusing me of being... Lastly, I can't stand that politico forum... no way, no how.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina