Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 02:27 PM

460 posts, read 779,018 times

Advertisements

What's up with all of the 1 and 2 post wonders who jump in the defend the OP and post nothing else? Join date: Mar 2016, check.

That wouldn't be the same person posting under different usernames, now would it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 02:51 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPRetired View Post
What's up with all of the 1 and 2 post wonders who jump in the defend the OP and post nothing else? Join date: Mar 2016, check.

That wouldn't be the same person posting under different usernames, now would it?

Old 03-29-2016, 09:02 PM

4 posts, read 4,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPRetired View Post

Interesting observation. However who really cares? Observation is observation,whether it be a one time experience or an ongoing process.
Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion. It still is a free country the last time I looked.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:18 PM

4 posts, read 4,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
They clearly said the mindset was prevalent in the south, which is dumb as hell, what black person(again Fayetteville's(since this is the city we are talking about) white and black population are damn near even), Hispanic person, or Asian person has a civil damn war mindset. I don't mind opinions but some people do get online and lie.
Why does it ALWAYS have to be a black thing? There are two sides to every coin and obviously if you RESEARCHED your history books, you would see that.
Anyway,why people are letting this subject bother them is preposterous. It's the 21 century. Leave the baggage behind and dust the chips off your shoulders.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:42 AM

398 posts, read 498,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaMatter View Post
Why does it ALWAYS have to be a black thing? There are two sides to every coin and obviously if you RESEARCHED your history books, you would see that.
Anyway,why people are letting this subject bother them is preposterous. It's the 21 century. Leave the baggage behind and dust the chips off your shoulders.
Your post would be more appropriately directed at the OP.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,025 times
Hello to all. New here. Hopefully I won't be thought of as a one hit wonder but I have been reading this thread with an air of confusion.
I don't understand how this became a social issue. I thought that it was about the OP's visit to Harris Teeter (or her observations over the course of a time frame since she mentioned something to that effect).
It seems that the whole thing has gotten blown out of proportion. So she thinks that some people are still fighting (or perhaps she meant living) the Civil War in their minds. I have lived here for over 20 years and yes, some folks are set in their ways.
But to get back to the real reason the OP (in my opinion) posted here was obviously to vent her frustration at a business that she didn't have a good experience in. Hey, it happens. And yes,Harris Teeter is way overpriced and there isn't anything that makes them stand out from the rest. How did this get lost in translation?

Old 04-01-2016, 10:14 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaMatter View Post
Never made it a black thing, and I know my history, I mentioned the demographics to show it's silly to think that the people of Fayetteville have a civil war mentality based off seeing some argument in a grocery store with a demographics that mixed, schools are mixed, people are used to each other, if the mentality of Fayetteville is what the OP said their would be much larger tensions in the city as to why I mentioned race, you dust the chips off your shoulders. Why are you making a big deal of people responding to the OP?

Let me just add, that I don't think this post is that serious, simply made my comment and responded to those who responded to my comment.

Last edited by drrckmtthws; 04-01-2016 at 10:36 AM..

Old 04-01-2016, 04:11 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times

Old 04-05-2016, 06:03 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanAbigail View Post
It is such a shame to have to experience the atmosphere in the Harris Teeter store on Raeford Road in Fayetteville,NC. One doesn't have to work there to feel the considerable amount of tension that is prevalent. On more than several occasions I have witnessed management talking about and treating staff in a derogatory manner. Sadly I have observed racial conflicts between staff and since it is the south and a lot of the natives seem to be mentally still fighting the Civil War, it doesn't surprise me. Customers should NOT have to endure the personal demons of the staff. A lot of people I have talked to have taken their business to the more satisfying Fresh Foods.

Well, with Wegmans set to enter the NC market (first, at Cary), that atmosphere may change.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:14 PM

3 posts, read 2,086 times
Yes, this is my thought exactly. Make sure there's butter on mine.
I just want to add that the original starter post was,like some others mentioned,about a store visit. What's with all the damn drama? Does everyone want to be in show business? Good Lord. The 'debate' should have been about the obvious dissatisfied customer and the pros/cons of that Harris Teeter store. Arguments for. Arguments against. Wth happened? Oh, I know: More theatrics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina