Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2017, 09:05 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,523,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
Please tell me where another Essex or Mimosa Grill is located.
I should've said most not all,I stand corrected. It's speaks volumes that a promotional video displays a bunch of chain restaurants though. I guess that the best y'all have to offer.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:55 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,450,006 times
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House

4725 Piedmont Row Dr
Ste 170
Charlotte, NC 28210
South Park
One of the best steak restaurant in Charlotte
https://delfriscos.com/locations

Morton's Steak House
227 W. Trade St.
Charlotte, NC 28202

Phone: 704-333-2602
Fax: 704-333-3204

http://www.mortons.com/charlotte/
http://www.mortons.com/locations/

Both are chain, but they are top of the line restaurants in the USA

Last edited by CLT1985; 06-17-2017 at 10:14 AM..

Old 06-17-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House

4725 Piedmont Row Dr
Ste 170
Charlotte, NC 28210
South Park
One of the best steak restaurant in Charlotte
https://delfriscos.com/locations

Morton's Steak House
227 W. Trade St.
Charlotte, NC 28202

Phone: 704-333-2602
Fax: 704-333-3204

Charlotte (Uptown) Steakhouse Restaurant | Morton's The Steakhouse Charlotte (Uptown)

Both are chain, but they are top of the line restaurants in the USA
Both great examples of Charlotte's abundance of originality

I'd rather go to the Angus Barn personally.

Last edited by Atowwn; 06-17-2017 at 11:07 AM..

Old 06-17-2017, 12:41 PM

My wife & I have been to the Angus Barn and my wife and I think Del Frisco's is better. She thinks it is the best steak restaurant she has very been to.

I know that the Angus Barn has been in Raleigh a long time.
http://www.angusbarn.com/about-history.html

Last edited by CLT1985; 06-17-2017 at 12:56 PM..

Old 06-17-2017, 01:47 PM

ClearSky has a new photo gallery that shows off South End and Uptown. Clear Sky Images Commercial Photography | 2017-06 Morehead and Southend | uptown-clt-060917-7195

Old 06-17-2017, 02:13 PM

749 posts, read 1,320,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
ClearSky has a new photo gallery that shows off South End and Uptown. Clear Sky Images Commercial Photography | 2017-06 Morehead and Southend | uptown-clt-060917-7195
Good find. It really shows off the amount of dirt movement / development in the area.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:56 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,880,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Both great examples of Charlotte's abundance of originality

I'd rather go to the Angus Barn personally.
To be fair, Charlotte has plenty of none chain restaurants, I'm in Cary, and Like that the triangle area seems to get new restaurants all the time. Not just Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, but Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay, Hillsborough , Carrboro (but count that as Chapel Hill) all have their spots and are getting new local spots.

That said Charlotte is too, and definitely has more to offer than chains and local joints are sprouting just as fast there as well(also like to add that while Charlotte may not be multi-modal like the triangle, Davidson is a nice place and has it's offerings too).

Also I'm all down for local and original, the more the better, that said, people act as if chains are all the same quality as McNasties(McDonald's). Like you mean to tell me Bad Daddies and McDonald's on the same level? Plus with the push for more things local, plenty of places have started to add more locally source products to their stores, so you still end up supporting local and some are now only using non gmo foods(just saying they aren't all bad).

Old 06-18-2017, 07:29 AM

50 Best Restaurants in Charlotte
all are local.

50 Best Restaurants in Charlotte - Charlotte Magazine - January 2016 - Charlotte, NC

Last edited by CLT1985; 06-18-2017 at 07:39 AM..

Old 06-18-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
To be fair, Charlotte has plenty of none chain restaurants, I'm in Cary, and Like that the triangle area seems to get new restaurants all the time. Not just Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, but Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay, Hillsborough , Carrboro (but count that as Chapel Hill) all have their spots and are getting new local spots.

That said Charlotte is too, and definitely has more to offer than chains and local joints are sprouting just as fast there as well(also like to add that while Charlotte may not be multi-modal like the triangle, Davidson is a nice place and has it's offerings too).

Also I'm all down for local and original, the more the better, that said, people act as if chains are all the same quality as McNasties(McDonald's). Like you mean to tell me Bad Daddies and McDonald's on the same level? Plus with the push for more things local, plenty of places have started to add more locally source products to their stores, so you still end up supporting local and some are now only using non gmo foods(just saying they aren't all bad).
I agree that there are good local choices in Charlotte,overall. Uptown on the other hand,is full of chain restaurants. I'm not the first or will I be the last to point this out. It's pretty obvious. A majority of the nice places Uptown a chain restaurants. Btw I didn't post the video. Charlotte has for a long time been accused of having a lack of originality,especially Uptown.

When you go on and on about how great Uptown is. You have to own it all,deficiencies included. Once again I'm not the first to use the term "sterile" when describing Uptown Charlotte. I suspect I won't be the last.

Btw I've heard Merts is good. I haven't been there yet. I've been to Price's a few times. I wish they'd move to Raleigh🙊

Old 06-18-2017, 11:05 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,415,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
I agree that there are good local choices in Charlotte,overall. Uptown on the other hand,is full of chain restaurants. I'm not the first or will I be the last to point this out. It's pretty obvious. A majority of the nice places Uptown a chain restaurants. Btw I didn't post the video. Charlotte has for a long time been accused of having a lack of originality,especially Uptown.

When you go on and on about how great Uptown is. You have to own it all,deficiencies included. Once again I'm not the first to use the term "sterile" when describing Uptown Charlotte. I suspect I won't be the last.

Btw I've heard Merts is good. I haven't been there yet. I've been to Price's a few times. I wish they'd move to Raleigh🙊

The sterile thing is outdated.The deficiencies aren't so bad at all. You're over exaggerating looking for things to complain about instead of enjoying what it does offer. I get you may think some people are exaggerating how great Charlotte is, but you do the same with Raleigh. I promise you, most people probably think of Raleigh as the same cookie cutter, unoriginal southern overgrown suburb with chain restaraunts. Asheville, Greenville SC, Charleston, Chapel Hill, Norfolk & Durham are cities that have the reputation of local, restaraunts, originality, etc you talk about. Just enjoy the 2 cities for what they are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina