Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 11:45 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times

Advertisements

The Charlotte Observer is wrong and our girls do not need to overcome discomfort of seeing male genitalia in locker rooms. and they shouldn't be there.

Doesn't matter if some would or would not harm a little girl. that isn't the point . Most people do not believe the girls or boys for that matter need to overcome discomfort of this sort. Hence we teach our children, if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't. This would negate that teaching and put our children at risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 11:48 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
It seems like a huge step back for women's rights.
One thing that I like about this issue is the GOP clearly holds the women's rights position on the issue, but some Democratic voters have smeared Republican voters in the past as having a 'war on women', which obviously makes no sense given half our voters are women, and the other half have relationships with women.

Many Democrat voters also smear GOP voters as being 'anti-science', yet they want to pander to people who have a false belief that they are the opposite sex or can become the opposite sex when it is not biologically possible.

Another thing that is interesting, and I think El Rushbo pointed this out if you look at the link provided upthread, newspapers like Charlotte Observer have tried to argue there is there is pervasive rape culture on college campuses, which isn't true, but now they argue girls and women must get over their discomfort of sharing bathrooms and locker rooms with men. They don't seem to be aware of their contradictions in logic.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:55 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
The Charlotte Observer is wrong and our girls do not need to overcome discomfort of seeing male genitalia in locker rooms. and they shouldn't be there.

Doesn't matter if some would or would not harm a little girl. that isn't the point . Most people do not believe the girls or boys for that matter need to overcome discomfort of this sort. Hence we teach our children, if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't. This would negate that teaching and put our children at risk.
How many little girls in schools have never seen a penis? I had a sister & no brothers. When I was in kindergarten & my sister was 2 years younger, the little boy next door decided that it was easier to pull down his pants when he wanted to pee than to go inside.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:57 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
One thing that I like about this issue is the GOP clearly holds the women's rights position on the issue, but some Democratic voters have smeared Republican voters in the past as having a 'war on women', which obviously makes no sense given half our voters are women, and the other half have relationships with women.
You've got a point. This does seem to be a legitimate "war on women". Especially when a woman or girl says she isn't comfortable letting anyone enter the female showers and she's told to "get over it or leave." Then threatening withholding the return of education tax money for those same girls.

Not to mention the added insult that males be allowed in female sports.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
How many little girls in schools have never seen a penis? I had a sister & no brothers. When I was in kindergarten & my sister was 2 years younger, the little boy next door decided that it was easier to pull down his pants when he wanted to pee than to go inside.
So you'd be cool with your 12 year old little sister changing in a locker room with any 17 year old boy claiming gender dysphoria? What about the 45 year old guy with a five o'clock shadow?

Old 05-21-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
Not to mention the added insult that males be allowed in female sports.
I think Andy Kaufmann proved that is not a good idea a long time ago. lol Mr. Andy Kaufmann's gone wrestling.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Many Democrat voters also smear GOP voters as being 'anti-science', yet they want to pander to people who have a false belief that they are the opposite sex or can become the opposite sex when it is not biologically possible.

Another thing that is interesting, and I think El Rushbo pointed this out if you look at the link provided upthread, newspapers like Charlotte Observer have tried to argue there is there is pervasive rape culture on college campuses, which isn't true, but now they argue girls and women must get over their discomfort of sharing bathrooms and locker rooms with men. They don't seem to be aware of their contradictions in logic.
Excuse me. I'm female. You poo-pooed my assertion that I'm not concerned about trans women in the bathroom with me.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, if I was on the city council in Charlotte I would have insisted that lawyers go over the bill to make sure that there were no loopholes for Raleigh to grab onto.

In my opinion, as a female, there is nothing pro-female in HB2.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:07 PM

southbound,

I didn't disrespect your opinion.

My point is that even if 1 woman is not comfortable with it, we can't allow it.

I believe only a small percentage of women support allowing 'transgenders' into female restrooms and lockerrooms. That is why I support a voter referendum on the issue, because it will help put the issue to bed.

it would be good if they included the Charlotte Observer's column on the ballot.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I believe only a small percentage of women support allowing 'transgenders' into female restrooms and lockerrooms. That is why I support a voter referendum on the issue, because it will help put the issue to bed.
Unfortunately, since the Obama administration has claimed Titles VII and IX ban "identity" discrimination (instead of "gender" discrimination), even a statewide referendum would be meaningless. It's going to be decided in federal courts.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
southbound,

I didn't disrespect your opinion.

My point is that even if 1 woman is not comfortable with it, we can't allow it.

it would be good if they included the Charlotte Observer's column on the ballot.
Yeah, you did. According to you, my lack of concern doesn't count because you have a concern about your wife.

This thread is playing out like an article that I read. Some reporter came out to Cleveland County to ask the residents in the 2 cities about the bathroom aspect of HB2. The men were mostly hot & bothered about it. The women were not. He finally found one woman who was on the fence.

Let's throw out concern about women. That was negated when they threw out the right to sue for discrimination in state courts. Who's more effected by that? The woman who was started at a lower pay than the man of equal qualifications, doing the same job. That's who.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina