Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 09:39 PM

3 posts, read 2,701 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I have a leased 2016 Toyota Rav4 registered/leased and insured in MA. I moved from MA to NC couple of days ago. I am trying to figure out how to get this car registered in NC. Since its leased I don't have the title. I reached out to Toyota and they want the NC DMV to contact Toyota, nobody at NC DMV want to do that. I have spent hours reading and talking to insurance companies with no positive lead.

I would really appreciate if anybody here had any suggestions. Thank you.

Best,
Kris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 10:57 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
People who take out loans don't have the title to the car either. You should have a registration card from MA. Take it to the NC DMV.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:26 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Have you tried contacting whoever you are leasing from in MA? Leasing dealers probably have to deal with that issue a lot.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:25 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loseyaself77 View Post
Hello All,

I have a leased 2016 Toyota Rav4 registered/leased and insured in MA. I moved from MA to NC couple of days ago. I am trying to figure out how to get this car registered in NC. Since its leased I don't have the title. I reached out to Toyota and they want the NC DMV to contact Toyota, nobody at NC DMV want to do that. I have spent hours reading and talking to insurance companies with no positive lead.

I would really appreciate if anybody here had any suggestions. Thank you.

Best,
Kris

Just go to the DMV in person and tell your story. They must get this question every day.

Last edited by ucctgg; 06-24-2016 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 06-26-2016, 08:37 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
You'll need the title - a photocopy is acceptable. https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/vehicle/title/leased/

The dealership where the vehicle was leased has nothing to do with this (sorry, Francois ). I assume the vehicle is leased thru Toyota Finance. Contact them for a copy of the title. You will have to pay to get it retitled in NC.

Just a warning: when you go for your NC driver's license, you'll need legal, original documents that show your FULL middle name. Initials are not acceptable. If your Massachusetts license doesn't show your FULL middle name, do yourself a favor and review the acceptable legal documents before you make the trio to DMV.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:37 PM

3 posts, read 1,907 times
I had a similar situation when I moved to SC. DMV just needed to see proof of the lien or, in your case, it would be whoever holds the lease. I came with my agreement with the financing company and that's all that was needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina