Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 05:58 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,035,104 times

Advertisements

The name is Truist people.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:45 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,442,543 times

Dallas real estate investor EB Arrow has big plans to overhaul a suburban University City shopping center if a rezoning petition is approved.
EB Arrow, which acquired University Place One and Two last year for about $18.2 million, is planning a five-story, 182,000-square-foot building with office, civic and ground-floor retail space; Novel University Place, a 308-unit garden-style multifamily property to be developed by Crescent Communities; a 2.5-acre lakefront linear park with a children’s play area; and renovations to much of the pedestrian trail around the lake at University Place.
That first phase of development is contingent upon approval of a rezoning petition, the hearing of which is planned for Monday. Later phases at the project could include medium-density residential, additional office space or a hotel, EB Arrow says. Construction on phase one would take about 18 to 24 months, according to a spokesman for the developer. An investment amount was not disclosed.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott..._news_headline

Old 06-12-2019, 09:44 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,400,452 times
That looks really good

Old 06-12-2019, 10:24 PM

37,893 posts, read 42,008,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
You don't want to replace the intricate crown with a taller building.
It happens. Happened in NYC, Austin, and a couple other cities. BOA Corporate Center is most certainly a fitting tallest but there's no need to institute an unofficial height limit to arbitrarily keep it as such. I'm sure a new tallest would be well-designed; if it's going to be all glass, then something like NYC's BOA Tower or the Comcast Technology Center in Philadelphia would be great.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:44 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,233,412 times
The Hearst Tower in Charlotte is a masterpiece. The attention to detail in the design inside and out is amazing. I've actually been inside that tower. I love the Gothic look. It will be a great home for Truist. I know some were wishing for a new corporate tower.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:18 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
The name is Truist people.
The name sucks, IMO.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:58 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,400,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The Hearst Tower in Charlotte is a masterpiece. The attention to detail in the design inside and out is amazing. I've actually been inside that tower. I love the Gothic look. It will be a great home for Truist. I know some were wishing for a new corporate tower.
I worked in their with BoA. The lobby is so amazing. Nice ground floor retail. I always said the lobby made me feel like a rich Saudi air to a giant oil company.

The actual floors to work in suck (I worked in Corporate also and it was glamorous to say you worked in the building but literally the absolute worst to work in.)

Odell and 1 BAC were so much better. Just got want as cool as the novelty of working in Hearst or Corporate

Old 06-13-2019, 08:34 AM

37,893 posts, read 42,008,814 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure a new tower is coming at some point.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,035,104 times
ITBinsider mentioned some changes for the Raleigh IronWorks development just north of downtown. The variance request included some updated numbers for the project: 150,000 square feet of office space, a 220 unit apartment building including 30,000 square feet of retail space, 20,000 square feet of restaurant space, and a 660 space parking deck. A food hall and 2 outdoor event spaces will be included as well.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:40 PM

3,663 posts, read 3,943,896 times
Quote:
I haven't been to the Hearst Tower in person, but if y'all are saying it's all that & a bag of chips, then it's one of the best and few great buildings to come out of that architecture firm.

There are so, so many bad buildings in Atlanta by this firm, such as the Plaza condos in midtown that were being designed 10 feet away from me while I was there. Why it's bad is because is doesn't relate to the site or street geometry and it uses a curve motif on everything down to the sidewalk sconces and even door handles. It's ridiculous. Then the tower is recycled 2 miles up Peachtree on another condo.

Anyone familiar with the Mayfair Condos in Midtown Atlanta should visit Jakarta where we recycled that design for half-a-dozen residential towers.

The Hearst tower may have exquisite details, but I don't like the overall massing that's bigger at the top.

It's like a baseball bat, and they did it as a response to being beside the BofA tower which I love, but the tapering gets derided as "wedding cake" architecture.

Like I say, I love it, because it's not a fad and stays elegantly proportioned forever.

I WOULDN'T EVER SUGGEST height limits or regulations for the crown to remain the tallest.

I was speaking casually as in it's so beautiful and befitting for the Queen city.

But the zeal y'all have for buildings to keep getting taller says a lot about the value of these debates.

What exacty is being accomplished by going above 60 floors other than more expensive construction costs?

Charlotte's skyline already makes it look far bigger of a city than is in terms of population size.

While living in NYC I watched the LEED platinum Bank of America building be built across from Bryant Park.

It has some cool features like floor plates that with embedded tubes of recirculating warm and chilled water for radiant climate control, but I don't care for the exterior with is very asymmetrical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina