Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 01:07 PM

5 posts, read 21,987 times

Advertisements

We moved from Florida to North Carolina two years ago. Since we moved here there some stuff in the system of this state that I have never seen in my life. Here, if the police take you speeding instead they give you a ticket in that moment, they give you a citation to go the law court. So, you have the option to pay a lawyer to represent you. We payed a lawyer that never went there, and we didn't know that until the police came to my house early in the morning and arrested my husband as a criminal in front of our kids. That happened saturday morning. Later on, after many phone calls to some people that barely I know here, I went to the jail to pay(bail bonds) the money in order to liberate my husband until the next new appointment on court. Today, I spoke with that lawyer that according with him, he went to the court citation on that day and he is checking in the court why they arrested my husband. Some people in the jail told my husband that many people are arrested everyday because the lawyers here missed the law court citation. This is crazy!
Can somebody tell me what option I have in this situation? Can I sue that lawyer? Do the lawyer in this state do not know their responsabilities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Good luck finding a lawyer that would sue another. They are like doctors, that won't come down on another incompetent doctor.

But having a lawyer to represent you, and not even bothering to go to court on YOUR court date doesn't make much sense either. I assume your husband was trying to beat the speeding ticket, and of course he was not speeding.
Otherwise why pay a lawyer to do what a postage stamp can do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina