Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:03 AM

73 posts, read 233,893 times

Advertisements

I would love to see some pictures of Lenoir and Hickory. Are there any on here that I may be missing? I also wondered if someone might be able to tell me new home builders in the area. My husband is thinking of accepting a new job in Lenoir and wondered if the drive down 321 is busy. He likes a short commute. I guess the only really criteria I am basing a search for a new home is on the school district (must be good!). We are coming down to look at the area in a couple weeks, but he has to get back to the company with a decision right after that so I am trying to get as much info as I can. Thanks and I hope someone will reply, even if it's to just one question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 10:18 AM

73 posts, read 309,138 times
Hello,
Welcome to NC, I have sent you a private message. I would be happy to help you out when you get here. Have a safe trip, and Best Wishes to you.
Cathy

Old 03-29-2007, 12:43 PM

24 posts, read 79,308 times
Lenoir is a small town and very rude people. If your not kin you're not in. My daughter goes to S. Caldwell High and cries all the time. People are so mean and do not accept new comers. I am not the only one. I had several people leave me private messages and they are experiencing the same thing. I live in Hudson right outside of Lenoir. This place is weird. I have lived aprox. 20 places in he US and never experienced anything like it.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:23 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,065 times
You can get some local pictures at this website:
http://caldwellcochamber.org/main.asp

Old 11-16-2007, 12:38 PM

205 posts, read 989,800 times
I'd really like to see pics of these areas as well...Hickory, Lenoir, Hudson, etc

Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,065 times
Here are some pictures of Lenoir: Lenoir NC -- Welcome to Our City

Old 11-16-2007, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the link...I have seen those and really like what I see. I am looking for "candid" pictures....you know, just snapshots that someone happened to take without the scenery being "posed"...KWIM??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Here are some pictures of Lenoir: Lenoir NC -- Welcome to Our City

Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 AM

47 posts, read 210,481 times
I just completed my 2nd trip (each spending a full week) searching for a home in the Hickory area from Oklahoma. I did purchase one (close on Dec 14th) north of Granite Falls and East of 321. I must have went in 30 homes and rode by 50 others that were in the MLS system for sale. I am willing to share my experience if interested. You can e-mail me if you like or I can post here. My overall experiece was good, especially being under the gun to find a house. We are retiring from the Military, so I was worried about fitting in, but so far that experience has been good also. Respond back if you want more info. P.S....... Love that BoJangles dirty rice!!!!!!

Jeff J.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 AM

I'd like more info if you'd care to share. Did you take any pictures of the area?? I have seen Hickory, but unfortuanatly we didn't get to granite Falls/Hudson/Lenior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2BJUMBO View Post
I just completed my 2nd trip (each spending a full week) searching for a home in the Hickory area from Oklahoma. I did purchase one (close on Dec 14th) north of Granite Falls and East of 321. I must have went in 30 homes and rode by 50 others that were in the MLS system for sale. I am willing to share my experience if interested. You can e-mail me if you like or I can post here. My overall experiece was good, especially being under the gun to find a house. We are retiring from the Military, so I was worried about fitting in, but so far that experience has been good also. Respond back if you want more info. P.S....... Love that BoJangles dirty rice!!!!!!

Jeff J.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:00 PM

47 posts, read 210,481 times
I really didn't take any pics of the area, just of the house I bought. Sorry about that.... My biggest suprise was how difficult it was to find level land. I race a stock car and wanted to buy property that I could build a race shop on. A lot of the houses listed in the MLS with more than an acre, ended up being unusable land for my purposes. The area where I bought is beautiful and does have some hills, but I was lucky to find some level land. I did find that everybody who I came in contact with was very pleasant and people were extremely pleased to have employment. It didn't matter if they worked Wal-Mart, Bojangles, Bob Evans, or a furniture store.... they all were happy and worked hard.

I spent most of my time looking off of 321 around the Mountain View area and then north of Granite Falls. I did look in Maiden and in the Conover area too. It didn't really seem that the so-called "housing market" slump that is being discussed recently has hit the Hickory area. There a lot of homes for sale, but it takes a lot of patience to get the right one. For instance, I was able to get a 3 year old home, about 1800 sq feet on nearly 3/4 acre with a price that started at 175,000 and reduced to 168,900 on the MLS but I offered 158,900 and the seller accepted that bid. Maybe my experience was unique, but I feel like I worked hard to find a home with a good price that will fill my requirements.

My realtor drives 321 everyday from Lenoir to her work in Hickory. She says it isn't that bad and it only takes her about 25 minutes. She said they are going to 6 lane it eventually, but the time phases are spread out. 321 south of Hickory is real good and you can scoot.

If you want any specifics about anything in particular, just leave a post or a message and I will reply promptly.

Jeff J.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina