Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:43 AM

7 posts, read 10,500 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to locate my father, Robert Earl Russell also goes by "Bobby"; He would have just turned 70 on July 7th of this year. He used to be a truck driver and was married to my mom in Virginia. He and his father, Col. John Wm. Russell lived in Stafford, VA. I can't remember when he and my mother split up, but she had told me that she last knew of him being in NC. Can anyone help me with this search?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 12:11 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,821,323 times
I don't really think city-data is an appropriate forum for that sort of thing, but, just try whitepages.com or 411.com, put in the name and "NC", and you might just have to start calling people (if this is all the info you have). There are geneology websites and other people-finder websites that are much more set up for that kind of thing than city-data.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 AM

Francois, the reason I posted on here is because I had seen where someone else had a similar post and got positive responses. Just to let you know, I've done the whitepages,411 as well as a people locator route with no avail. I paid money for the locator and ended up with a telephone number that belonged to someone else. Just putting the information out there in hopes that someone might know him or know how to reach him. This isn't just idle searching, it concerns a medical condition I have that is not on my mother's side of my family. Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:28 AM

305 posts, read 1,808,348 times
You might want to try a search on " Ancestry.com -- Browser Upgrade " (without the quotes). Or other genealogy sites in NC.

That's how someone found me. Most genealogy web sites have forums that you can post this type of information and would probably have better luck.

Off the top of my head, here are a couple more places you can post to their forum:

FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records

RootsWeb.com Home Page

Genealogy & Family History Databases. Genealogy and Family Trees. Free Genealogy Search

Those are just a few. Sometimes, even if you don't find your father directly through these websites, you might find someone who has him listed in their family history and/or might give clues to his whereabouts (maybe he's no longer in NC?).

I hope I don't get in trouble with the moderator for listing these sites. I am not connected to them in any way.

Good luck!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovrwrkdmthr View Post
Francois, the reason I posted on here is because I had seen where someone else had a similar post and got positive responses. Just to let you know, I've done the whitepages,411 as well as a people locator route with no avail. I paid money for the locator and ended up with a telephone number that belonged to someone else. Just putting the information out there in hopes that someone might know him or know how to reach him. This isn't just idle searching, it concerns a medical condition I have that is not on my mother's side of my family. Thanks for your thoughts and input.
Sorry, didn't meant to be unwelcoming; it just seems that other sites are more conducive to this kind of thing. I myself am an adoptee with no knowledge at all of my birthparents, so I certainly understand your longing.

BUT: I just reread your post and saw where you listed a date of birth. With that knowledge, I have found someone with this name in a certain public records site! Check your PM!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:40 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,421,734 times
There is also a People Search Forum here on City Data. Maybe one of the mods could move this post for you. There are several regulars on that forum who are incredibly good at helping people find someone!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Francois~ Thank you for your comments and suggestions, I'll check into it. I didn't feel unwelcomed by your previous comments, just felt I needed to explain my being in here. : )

Old 09-09-2009, 01:22 PM

I'm pretty sure I found him--at least, I found someone with that name and that birthday Sent to the OP via private message.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:11 AM

I just wanted to make a post to let you all know that I did find my birth-father, thank you Francois, and I just got off the telephone with him. He was able to give me some background information and I should be able to get the rest of the medical information from him.

I can't tell you how grateful I am for all the response I've received!

Sue

Old 09-11-2009, 01:17 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,157,144 times
Wow, cool thread. Nice work, Francois!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina