Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:46 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times

Advertisements

It may top 100 tomorrow.... the forcast is for 99 according to the weather channel's latest update, but that could easily slip up to 100 or higher. It was actually in the upper 90's that last few days I was in Rochester NY as well... very unusual for it to get that hot their that often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2006, 10:49 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener
Or multiple posts about how wonderful Lake Norman is

I get excited I can't help it.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ
If I move to NC and gangs start spraying graffiti I will be so pissed. But all the communities in charlotte didn't seem to have that problem.

I didn't see any graffiti where I was in Charlotte and I was sure to look.

I'm starting to notice a little here an there in my neighborhood where I am now. We never had that problem.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:04 AM

73 posts, read 320,640 times
Most of the people in NC who think they are gangsters are fakes. Dont get me wrong, there are true gang members, but alot of the tags you see on buildings were made by wanna-bes.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakecotc
Most of the people in NC who think they are gangsters are fakes. Dont get me wrong, there are true gang members, but alot of the tags you see on buildings were made by wanna-bes.
Very interesting point. We have kids in our town who talk & dress like gangsters, and sometimes graffiti. You should see them - suburban white kids. After they show each other how tough they are, they get in mommy's BMW and go to the orthodontist.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:24 PM

73 posts, read 320,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream
Very interesting point. We have kids in our town who talk & dress like gangsters, and sometimes graffiti. You should see them - suburban white kids. After they show each other how tough they are, they get in mommy's BMW and go to the orthodontist.
Haha. I think that holds true everywhere. One minute they're in their '06 Honda Civic (that mom and dad bought) with the speakers thumping and rims shining, the next minute they are asking mom and dad for gas money. Thats hardcore right there.

Then there are the ones who think they are tough and end up getting arrested, then cry and say their dad's a lawyer. Off topic, sorry.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,110 times
The sad thing is outside of the very dangerous hispanic gang that is all over the country, in SE Raleigh and eastern wake county there are these so called gangs that are just a bunch of teenagers that have no parental supervision. These are the kids that jumped a coach in Knightdale. They are uneducated with Parents that could care less so they go around trying to be big and coloring on walls like a bunch of kindergardners. It makes me so mad that we give them so much credit. If we would hold their parents responsible these brats would not be out there tearing things up. They are just that a bunch of brats trying to be thugs.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:52 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,858 times
Wannae gangbangers or the real thing - it doesnt really matter. If you are a victim of a crime such as your car is broken into or is stolen or you are assaulted for no reason, you will not care if they were in an "official" gang.

People around here tend to think they live in a low crime area. People need to get their heads out of the clouds.

You would be surprised to know how many people have their cars broken into, how many people fight, and buy drugs in the beloved "Birkdale" area.

I cant agree more with the people who post saying the parents hold alot of the responsibility. They drop their kids off at Northcross Lanes or Birkdale. If you have ever been to these areas on a Friday or Saturday night, teens run wild. Its a hang out, and theres trouble bound to happen.

I dont just speak of teens in general, there are real low life thugs that have settled here. Ms13 is in Huntersville.

While Im not saying this to upset anyone, you certainly need to be aware of whats beneath the surface.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Wannae gangbangers or the real thing - it doesnt really matter. If you are a victim of a crime such as your car is broken into or is stolen or you are assaulted for no reason, you will not care if they were in an "official" gang.

People around here tend to think they live in a low crime area. People need to get their heads out of the clouds.

You would be surprised to know how many people have their cars broken into, how many people fight, and buy drugs in the beloved "Birkdale" area.

I cant agree more with the people who post saying the parents hold alot of the responsibility. They drop their kids off at Northcross Lanes or Birkdale. If you have ever been to these areas on a Friday or Saturday night, teens run wild. Its a hang out, and theres trouble bound to happen.

I dont just speak of teens in general, there are real low life thugs that have settled here. Ms13 is in Huntersville.

While Im not saying this to upset anyone, you certainly need to be aware of whats beneath the surface.

These are growing towns and it's unfortunate these problems come with it. You really can't escape these types of things unless you move your family to a remote area. Anytime you have teenagers running wild there's trouble, we have the same thing here in AZ, a bunch of wealthy kids running around on Friday nights driving daddy's BMW selling drugs, looking for trouble. These thugs don't even look like gang bangers.

I agree there's probably a lot beneath the surface and not the utopia we would like

Old 09-15-2006, 12:43 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Ok so where would say is the "saftest" place in western N.C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina