Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 03:07 PM

15 posts, read 66,458 times

Advertisements

My family and I want to visit the Great Smokey Mountains this June and I would like to know of any CHEAP, clean cabins that are a walking distance to a lake/watering hole and a place to ride bikes. Nothing too fancy and around $99 or less a night. The cheaper the better and we only need a studio or a 1 bedroom. We would normally camp, but we have 2 toddlers and the cabin would be more secure. A place where the cabins are somewhat secluded. We would love to stay in NC, but TN would be good too. We just want to stay in a place where we can swim, hike, bike and canoe. I have priced some but they are $150 a night and that is on the cheap end and some are as much as $400 a night. I am not familiar with that area so I not sure of where too look or what company to call.
Are there places there that do rent cheap cabins everywhere or is it just private owners? For example, an owner that rents campsites and cabins on his property?

Any info would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by mousehair; 05-13-2010 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 01:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Moderator note:
thread relocated from the state forum
for better response

Old 05-14-2010, 07:03 AM

451 posts, read 1,565,245 times
When my kids were young, we stayed at the Nantahala Village and had a great time. There is the Great Smokey Mountain Train in Bryson City near by. You can eat at a lodge and watch rafting and kayaking down the river. But my kids were older. We took a day trip to Fontana Village and thought it would be a great place to stay with the kids. The village has lots of activities for all ages and not too far is the largest Dam on the Eastern U.S. The area is breathtaking in its beauty. Joyce Kilmer Forest is close by. I still remember riding early in the morning, and seeing lakes that had fog hovering over them. It has been a long time since I was there, but I can still remember the haunting beauty in my mind. I live in the Blue Ridge area now and love it, but still have such wonderful memories of this beautiful and magical area. I think your family will love either place, but Fontana would be my first choice for your kids age. Let us know how your trip goes.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:44 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,368,460 times
This is a little more expensive than $99, its $130/night but i just booked it and it sounds JUST like what you guys are looking for. I definitely thought it was worth the extra bucks.

Robbinsville vacation cabin rental - Yellow Creek Cabin, Secluded on Trout Stream, in Smokey Mts., Handicap Acc.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,092,775 times
Did you try Vacation Rentals By Owner (vrbo.com)?
Smoky Mountains VRBO® Vacation Rentals by Owner - Smoky Mountains Lodging (http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/north-carolina/smoky-mountains - broken link)

Here's one: http://www.vrbo.com/125751 (broken link)

Old 05-18-2010, 11:39 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,368,460 times
^ Thats where I found mine

Old 05-18-2010, 03:40 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,819,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Moderator note:
thread relocated from the state forum
for better response
But it's NOT relocated...??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina