Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 12:02 PM

16 posts, read 64,879 times

Advertisements

Hi, Ive been reading your messages and wondering if you could help, were hoping to relocate to North Carolina from Great Britain in October 2007 for my partners work. I have been looking at the Indian Trail area as from what I can see on the internet this is a good family community??

Our son is 3 in October what age group do children start school, also any suggestions of good schools.

is there any area's I should avoid moving to... what best for looking to buy a new home.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 04:19 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
That's a prertty good location. Still semi-rural, but growing. If you work in Charlotte, it can be a rough commute.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:35 PM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
We're moving to Indian Trail in 2 weeks, it's a great area. About as far as my husband was comfortable traveling to uptown Charlotte for work (actually farther than he wanted, but we liked what we found there). There are parts that are rural, if you like that kind of feel you can get a house that's more rural. Or you can buy in a subdivision, like we did. They come in all sizes, and we bought in a much bigger one than I may have liked.....we'll see what I think once we're in (when complete, there are supposed to be 950 homes! They're a little more than halfway done now). There are good grocery stores and pharmacies within a couple of miles, more shopping another 10 mins away, malls about 20 min away, a little less or more depending on traffic I guess. That's from where we bought, Crismark, there are other parts of Indian trail that may be closer or farther to things. The schools all over Indian Trail are excellent, one of the reasons we chose there. The cutoff to start Kindergarten in NC is now October 16 (5 by then for that school year), however there is talk of changing the date to Aug 31.
All the schools in Indian Trail scored well on tests, and I've not heard anything bad about them from parents, so far anyhow!! There is some overcrowding at all of them but they are building new schools in Union County to help with that. Hope this helps, if you haven't already, try posting your quesions on the Charlotte message board, it may get more responses there.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:13 PM

23 posts, read 62,905 times
Hi!

We moved to Charlotte from France last year. We love it here! Our son will be 3 in July and has found a ton of fun things to do here (Kindermusik, library story time, French playgroup, Children's Museum etc.) He'll start preschool in September. There is a very nice British-American school about 15 minutes from Indian Trail. Also, you might want to join Charlotte Mommies.(CharlotteMommies.com--Charlotte's Mom-to-Mom Connection). It is a wonderful network of Charlotte Moms and it's a great way to meet new people and to get info about local things to do for children. I joined them a year before we actually moved and I've met so many wonderful people.
PM me if you want. Maybe we could get our boys together once you are in Charlotte. We live in South Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina