Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,517 times

Advertisements

My husband is in the Air Force so we live in Albuquerque now but we travel several times a year back home, Enderlin, ND, to visit family. We have Cingular also and although I do not have too many problems with the reception, I will advise you to watch you phone bill. Since you are so close to Canada you may be charged for roaming even when you are not.
Hope you love it!
cma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,707 times
Default How about an update?

Welcome!
Hope you are enjoying North Dakota.
Would like to read an update!
hhb

Old 07-16-2007, 03:52 PM

38 posts, read 187,938 times
Cingular/AT&T don't have towers in ND. They run their service through a third party, and only guarantee good coverage if you're outside. I had cingular for the first few months I lived here and eventually I had to switch to Verizon. I've had excellent coverage so far except for a few spots way up north.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:11 PM

7 posts, read 20,355 times
Valley City is fine! Has a DMV (with no lines ever) and the best frozen pizza in the nation (Forgot the name, but it is in the road-work-orange package).

Houses are cheap. I live about 50 miles NW of there, and I love it here, but I am not into the flashy SOCal lifestyle. Moved here from LA 5 years ago. So inexpensive here I can live so cheap in my own house without having to work.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGrody View Post
Valley City is fine! Has a DMV (with no lines ever) and the best frozen pizza in the nation (Forgot the name, but it is in the road-work-orange package).

Houses are cheap. I live about 50 miles NW of there, and I love it here, but I am not into the flashy SOCal lifestyle. Moved here from LA 5 years ago. So inexpensive here I can live so cheap in my own house without having to work.
Pizza Corner Pizza! It's best served fresh at the Pizza Corner in Valley City, or made in a pizza oven at your local bar.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:34 PM

50 posts, read 171,124 times
Default Living in Fargo Now...

Hey... Just an update.

We originally were going to Valley City. We were going to rent a house there and everything, but that house turned out to be very scary!!! Seriously. There is something in that house. Looking back, it's pretty funny, but I probably looked like a freak throwing all my stuff into my car and fleeing to Fargo at 11:00pm like one of those people on the haunting shows. LOL

We got a hotel here in Fargo and my husband fell in love with Fargo. So, we got an apartment in South Fargo. And that's where we are now.

We're gonna stay here for now until we can buy a home and then we will probably look at some of the areas surrounding Fargo as well.

My husband was able to get a local job (in Moorhead) and was able to leave long haul. Yay! He did have one guy follow him off the freeway and threaten to send him back to California in a box one day, but other than that, things are good. LOL

But, for now, we are good. I just got Internet back (after a few weeks without it). Yay!!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 PM

624 posts, read 1,161,511 times
Default To MyShell

I read the ND forum frequently, and have been following your move. Congratulations on doing something you really wanted to do, and having the strength and courage to take that first step.

Its a beautiful state, and the best of luck to you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and what things you notice and experience.

It would be hard for me to decide where to live in Nd. I would favor Minot, and Devils Lake.

Sunset_Va (Sunset in Virginia)

Old 07-28-2007, 10:48 AM

309 posts, read 365,344 times
The place in Valley City that has the best pizza in the world is called The Pizza Corner. You have got to try it, (THE BEST)!! Have fun.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:46 AM

246 posts, read 1,007,054 times
Thats those pizzas you can buy in the store too right, they are vacuumed sealed? They are good.

If you really a big pizza fan, I would highly recommend you try Xtreme Pizza next to the Cashwise food store off of 13th Ave South. Of all the pizza we have had in North Dakota, it is the only one that comes at all close to the level of pizza that we had in New York City and Connecticut shops. The cheese actually has a flavor to it, not like the washed out flavor of normal shredded cheese. Favorites there we like is that Greek pizza Beth makes, so much flavor in it and simply the best crust.

Good luck on your housing search. South Fargo has very nice homes, we live in an area behind Byron Dorgans offices I believe.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 PM

158 posts, read 1,084,618 times
I havent had that pizza. But damn I miss Duanes House of Pizza's pizza. If you've been drinking, slapshot greasy pizza's hit the spot. Damn I'm getting hungry now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota