Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:35 PM

39 posts, read 79,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
I strongly agree with this post....you explained it very well. I too have moved around quite a bit in my job and usually took that first year to get used to a place before it felt I lived there.

Welcome to GF and keep warm this winter!

Thank you and I will make sure to wear some warm clothing this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
The Herald is the town paper and you can pick it up at all convenience stores and grocery stores... and at different outside boxes scattered through town. But any place you get gas...go in and they will have a paper almost guaranteed. As for upholstry place I will message you some places we used.

Dan

Thank you for all your help.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:17 PM

Does anyone know where I could find a block heater at and the cost to purchase?

Old 09-17-2010, 11:38 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
You can pick up a block heater at any parts store. I've even seen Wal-Mart carry them at times.

The last one I bought was $29.95. But it was just the heater. I had to buy a couple hose clamps and a "T" separately (Cost was less then $15.) If you are doing it yourself, don't forget to pick up a gallon of anti-freeze as you'll spill some (I did and I've been doing it for years haha).

Took me about 30 minutes to install.

Also, I got a 2000/unit. It's bigger and heats better. More then what your engine probably needs. If you have a schedule that vary's, you plug it in at night and leave it on. It will regulate the temp. But if you have a set schedule, and the bigger unit, I'm able to put a timer on the extension cord and have it turn on 2 hours before I need the vehicle.

I might also say, for vehicles made since the late 90's, a block heater is NOT needed for starting the car. The car will start without it. However, it's nice to get into a vehicle, start it, and have warm air coming out of the dash. You don't have to wait for it to warm up. So it's creature comfort, not starting the vehicle.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
You can pick up a block heater at any parts store. I've even seen Wal-Mart carry them at times.

The last one I bought was $29.95. But it was just the heater. I had to buy a couple hose clamps and a "T" separately (Cost was less then $15.) If you are doing it yourself, don't forget to pick up a gallon of anti-freeze as you'll spill some (I did and I've been doing it for years haha).

Took me about 30 minutes to install.

Also, I got a 2000/unit. It's bigger and heats better. More then what your engine probably needs. If you have a schedule that vary's, you plug it in at night and leave it on. It will regulate the temp. But if you have a set schedule, and the bigger unit, I'm able to put a timer on the extension cord and have it turn on 2 hours before I need the vehicle.

I might also say, for vehicles made since the late 90's, a block heater is NOT needed for starting the car. The car will start without it. However, it's nice to get into a vehicle, start it, and have warm air coming out of the dash. You don't have to wait for it to warm up. So it's creature comfort, not starting the vehicle.
Thank you so much

Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
I agree about the newer cars....block heater not terribly needed but nice. Having a good battery is a must though for starting in cold weather. If you or your husband dont want to bother installing one...many places will do it for about 100.00

What is really really nice are remote starters. You can start your car from inside your work-house or store and let it warm up before you enter it. They are more costly....middle of the road brand and range costs us about 350-375.00.

Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota