Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times

Advertisements

Husband of missing Sidney teacher still optimistic | KTVQ.com | Q2 | Billings, Montana
Trying to keep these news stories updated. If anyone has news, or info, please add it so others can help keep a lookout for this poor Missing Lady, SHERRY ARNOLD.

ANY INFO, ANY LEADS , even something you are not even sure is important, COULD BE..........TIP LINE, 1-406-433-4027

Last edited by JanND; 01-13-2012 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: added #
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 10:40 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
Default Fyi

News : School district announces teacher's death : Sidney Herald, Sidney, Montana (http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/13/news/breaking_news/doc4f106a056e428443029628.txt - broken link)

Old 01-13-2012, 10:59 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
Terrible news....

Old 01-13-2012, 11:12 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
News media reporting one adult male in custody and another adult male being questioned. FBI news conference later this afternoon.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
News media reporting one adult male in custody and another adult male being questioned. FBI news conference later this afternoon.
This makes me sick to my stomach. The reason I fell in love with North Dakota and Montana was that it was an escape from the vile scum that inhabit such a large chuck of the nation. Being outdoors in wide open spaces gives me a sense of peace that can never be had in a the middle of a bustling city. My wife on the other hand has a different view of rural life and thinks that being in a small town or isolated area is somehow risky. I use to laugh at her and tell that the bears and mountain lions are more of a threat out here than the people. I guess that is no longer true. I'd be curious if these suspects are locals or imports. I guess 40 below is no longer keeping the riff raff out.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:04 PM

454 posts, read 940,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
This makes me sick to my stomach. The reason I fell in love with North Dakota and Montana was that it was an escape from the vile scum that inhabit such a large chuck of the nation. Being outdoors in wide open spaces gives me a sense of peace that can never be had in a the middle of a bustling city. My wife on the other hand has a different view of rural life and thinks that being in a small town or isolated area is somehow risky. I use to laugh at her and tell that the bears and mountain lions are more of a threat out here than the people. I guess that is no longer true. I'd be curious if these suspects are locals or imports. I guess 40 below is no longer keeping the riff raff out.
When I got the news about Sherry being found dead, I was sick to my stomach. No place is safe anymore, let's face it - those days are gone. I just bought my first handgun in Minot today. While I was in the gun shop purchasing my gun, they were getting call after call in regards to when the next carry/conceal class would be - and it was almost full, 3 slots left - two gals walked in to buy the same gun I was purchasing, they were asking all the same questions as myself and the people calling on the phone. People are fed up with being victims. This was all going on at the store before the announcement of Sherry's body being found. God Bless Sherry, her family and friends. As for the person/persons responsible: They should be hung by the neck until they are DEAD, DEAD, DEAD, (but that ain't gonna happen .)

Old 01-13-2012, 03:02 PM

This makes me so sad, for Sherry, for her family, for all the children whose lives She touched over her years of teaching, her friends and the little town of Sidney, MT. It is heartbreaking. I was there many times several years ago. People were always friendly. I once stopped my car and went up to the house of a total stranger, because she was outside gardening, and she had the most beautiful gardens, flowers I had seen in years. She was a little Mexican lady, just herself recovering from cancer. and this sweet little lady took the time to walk myself and my husband around, sharing stories about her garden and flowers. I have never forgotten that. It is heartbreaking to know times such as these will be no more. God bless Sherry, and my condolences to her family and her children. Peace be with all of Us.
And Thank you to the Officers and Volunteers for all their help.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:45 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,766 times
Just saw this on Yahoo news as header. So devastating!! God bless her family through their loss.....

Old 01-13-2012, 05:16 PM

Our news in Grand Forks, N.D. had very little except...A suspect, a 47 year old man is being held in Williams Co. That is the Williston Jail, and that a second suspect, a 22 year old male in Rapid City is being questioned also. That public tips led to the arrests. Yeah, Thanks for doing the right thing!!
There was also earlier news stating that the Barnesville relatives of Sherry Arnold on this side of the state say that while Sherry is presumed deceased, her body has not been found yet. I am thankful that some brave souls turned these folks in to the law. That would probably be very scarey to do, Glad they did. My prayers continue for this family.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
Default If you would like to support the family

Porch Lights On for Sherry Arnold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota