Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM

155 posts, read 748,413 times

Advertisements

I was just curios for those of you that do not have a physical house or apartment currently, while you are looking for work “anywhere” in ND (as I know that you can list your cell phone number on your job applications), however I was wondering if potential employers still consider job applications when you list a P.O. Box or a mailbox business address on your job application?

I am just wondering by not having a physical home address on these job applications is stopping you from "knowingly" being considered for any of the jobs that you are applying for as you currently look for work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:03 PM

192 posts, read 497,376 times
Best bet is what most guys do here.

Find a church and use that address. Several here in town are allowing peeps to actually use and will process mail for them. Call a few.

Remember Employers are not sending stuff "home". I know several guys that have been using a mancamp address that they have never been too. It's not that hard and employers here... BELIVE ME ON THIS... they know everyone is homeless and sleeping in their cars. Regardless of what addresss the first words they ask if you even get the face time is... "Do you have housing?"

How you answer that question is the real kicker...

Old 04-03-2012, 03:35 PM

10 posts, read 20,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio125 View Post
Best bet is what most guys do here.

Find a church and use that address. Several here in town are allowing peeps to actually use and will process mail for them. Call a few.

Remember Employers are not sending stuff "home". I know several guys that have been using a mancamp address that they have never been too. It's not that hard and employers here... BELIVE ME ON THIS... they know everyone is homeless and sleeping in their cars. Regardless of what addresss the first words they ask if you even get the face time is... "Do you have housing?"

How you answer that question is the real kicker...
whats the right answer?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 AM

53 posts, read 175,582 times
Thank you, Scorpio125.

Thanks, Purduecrew.

For sure, I'm wondering as well "What is the right answer"?

Nick

Old 04-04-2012, 01:04 PM

Well housing is an issue here, they know it, you know it etc.

My standard reply is yes I have housing, however if if you have something available I'd like to consider my options.

I look at it this way... a few pay checks under my belt I can find something or if they have something.

Basically I feel it's hard enough to land a gig so.... a million peeps here with no housing why make that a deciding factor weather they hire you or not?

Again like I said on earlier posts... I see so many guys when they get there 5 minutes of face time it's...

What housing do you have? Do I get 3 meals? how many hours? How much OT, How much am I getting paid, What are my benefits, when do I get paid, when do I get to go home, what's my rotation, when's my raise /review....??????

WHY NOT START WITH "WHEN CAN I WORK FOR YOU?"

Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM

Wilson are you on your way up here?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback Everyone. I greatly appreciate all that you all have shared.

Scorpio125 thus far, I still have not made up my mind about trying my luck in ND or Texas. Yet in the meantime, I'm still making notes to try to help me make up my mind. I see that you are listed as being in Milwaukee. Are you in Williston working now or are you looking for work in Williston or are you working in or looking for work somewhere else in ND?

Old 04-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Williston now going on week 3 looking for work. Few leads.. few interviews... slugging it out...waiting it out.. word on the street should pick up in the coming weeks ahead.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio125 View Post
Williston now going on week 3 looking for work. Few leads.. few interviews... slugging it out...waiting it out.. word on the street should pick up in the coming weeks ahead.
Thanks for the updates and feedback, Scorpio125. Good luck to you!

Old 04-05-2012, 02:17 PM

39 posts, read 141,899 times
It sounds like someone in Williston could make some extra money setting up a mail forwarding service that provides an address for people to use. Although the churches offer the service it would be a lot easier just to have a number to call and a business that can accept credit cards as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: