Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 01:01 AM

1 posts, read 5,051 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody,

I am an international student at the university of north dakota and I am about to move to Grand Forks by August 2012. I really desire to stay off campus and I am looking for an affordable housing off campus, that is not too far from the university.

Presently, I am still in Finland where I live and I will move to Grand Forks in the first week in August. Can anyone advice me on how to secure the best accommodation that is not so expensive, close to my school and modest in terms of comfort.

Thank you for your assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 07:27 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,007,067 times
Hi

Dakota Commercial rents out several new apartment complexes that have been built in recent years....

McEnroe Place is a cluster of buildings south of Campus south of Demers but within walking-biking distance to campus. Campus Place is very near campus just at University and N 42nd St. Both are newer and would be more expensive than the older complexes in town... Dakota also lists below some other places near campus I am not as aware of.

Dakota Commercial

Here is another bunch of places....some close to campus. Sanford Court is on the lower end of prices but still ok.....and just north of campus.....Bristol Square is along N 42nd St close to campus as well....

Grand Forks Apartments

Also the Gallery Apartments very close to campus near N 42nd St and 6th Ave N is very popular and has nice ammenities.....

The Gallery Apartments Grand Forks Area

So....there are places....check them out to see if they meet your price range.

You can also view craiglist or other sources for roomate situations if you desire.

Good luck

Dan - GF/EGF

Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 AM

I was going to say....

on average... most 1 BR apartments would go from 550 on the low end to 800-900 on the high end....with 2 BR 650-1100 range....

Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
If you are married there is married student housing. If you are over 18 you may qualify for single unit housing. There are many apartments in Grand Forks, but in my opinion, nothing would be more reasonably prices, and meet your location needs better than student housing. I have listed the page, and will list a couple of threads that have answered this question on the forum. One tip is that the homepage for CityData has some of the best relocation information, do a search there. Remember, Grand Forks is famous for the highest rent prices....was...oil boom prices are worse.
Housing | Student Life | The University of North Dakota
Grand Forks Apartments - Rent Apartments in Grand Forks, ND

Relocating to GF
College apartment ( 1 2)

Old 06-27-2012, 09:17 AM

Thanks Jan for adding the additional info...

dan

Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 PM

73 posts, read 175,749 times
Hi,

A friend of mine was just in Grand Forks trying to find a single bedroom apartment for her son and only were able to find two available. She was told that by August all the single bedrooms would be taken, as the college kids will be returning. His single bedroom ended up costing him $680.00 plus electricity. So by August it could become very difficult. You could call the apartment buildings and have your name put on a waiting list for a single apartment.

Have you considered renting with another student or students? There are a couple sites that students go to look for roommates. One site is called UND Underground.... The other site( this is where my daughter found her two roomies) is called Apartment Finder. You can post a listing on either of them saying what you are looking for in terms of rent etc..

Good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota