Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:18 PM

135 posts, read 230,544 times

Advertisements

How would you feel if they went to the restaurant "Big Peckers?" Would that be a prudent decision? Hahahahaha back on topic... The first time I went to a Hooters was in OCMD when I was about 11. I did ask my parents why the waitresses had huge "breasts" and my mom told me they were fake. The first time I ever learned what implants were. And you know what, I received an education that day and wasn't scarred for life. When you try to hide something or censor something, it makes that "thing" way more appealing and controversial. That's when trouble arises. BTW, Berwick is SOOO NEPA.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:28 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,786,454 times
As a parent i wouldn't want my kids going there while on a school trip, i'm sure there were other places they could of taken them. Just don't think it's appropriate.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:29 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,844,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
As far as scantily-clad, have you seen the way some middle-school girls dress?
Great, so let's have the adults validate middle-school girls dressing like skanks by taking them to a place where dressing that way is celebrated and trivialized....

Old 06-02-2011, 01:43 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,972,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Great, so let's have the adults validate middle-school girls dressing like skanks by taking them to a place where dressing that way is celebrated and trivialized....
Nobody, but nobody, said a word, not one word, about validating school girls dressing like skanks. Way to put a spin on something you refuse to admit has as much, or more, influence on the young middle school minds than the way the girls at Hooters are costumed.

Hooters, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, Laker Girls.

I believe I have stated that I don't think it was the wisest choice, but once again, I refuse to make a judgement about "right or wrong" when I wasn't there.

If YOU want to put your own spin on it, I guess you have every right to do so. Doesn't make me look foolish.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:11 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,961,537 times
Sorry, I am no prude but I would not want my son or daughter for that matter going to a resturant with waitress with big boobs and shorts that are barely there.

Sad to say, I do not really trust others taking my son on trips out of town, so he missed his field trip this year. I am a walking talking neurotic Mommy, and DAMN proud of it. This "news" just points out that what others think is no biggee I may not agree with. Made me feel a whole lot better for keeping him home.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:56 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,354,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
So I guess you'd be OK if they took them to a strip club? Some of them serve food and have lunch buffets. Because they won't see much more there than at the beach....
Dude, please. Hooters is so NOT a strip club or even close.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
I worked down the street from the one in KoP for 6 years, went there many times.

The place is named after BooBs, unless you really think it is named after the sound an owl makes.
From the Hooters website...
"Hooters of America readily acknowledged that "the concept relies on natural female sex appeal" and the waitresses were encouraged to sit down and chat with the predominantly male clientele."
Oh noes!!!! Not da BOOBIES!!

Give me a break.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:01 PM

I am absolutely laughing out loud about the handwringing going on about MIDDLE SCHOOLERS seeing tight shirts over breasts. Do these kids not go to the mall? Movies? School? For a walk downtown? Watch music videos?

They are breasts. They don't bite! Promise!

Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,096,049 times
this story making ap news only points out this area containing parents that focus on extremely insignificant things and are rubes at best---if they are afraid of their kids seeing female waitresses in t shirts and shorts whatever would they do when cheerleaders get close to their baby boys(some of their outfits leave nothing to the imagination)

Old 06-02-2011, 06:13 PM

889 posts, read 2,579,085 times
I agree it's a borderline faux pas at best.

If I were a parent of some of the kids involved, I'd be way, way more mad about feeding the kids the greasy, fried food they serve there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania