Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:12 PM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times

Advertisements

we love living in lake wallenpaupack...... just make sure you got jobs lined up first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 12:34 PM

193 posts, read 542,712 times
I Live in greentown a little bit south of wallenpaupack, i love it here. My duaghters go to wallenpaupack school district. and it is one of the best school districts in th area. We chose not to live in a community becuase we wanted lots of land. you can now find homes with 3 or more acres in the 250,000- 300,000 range. most people are really nice there is a nice mixture of farms, upper middle class and lower middle class. I love the fact that everything is really not that far away scranton is about 25 minutes, mt pocono and honedales are about the same.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:18 PM

3 posts, read 8,734 times
We too are looking to relocate, someone suggested Indian Rocks, has anyone any info on this community?

Old 07-12-2009, 03:40 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
Robrose, I am a former Rocklander, who has lived in Milford and now full time in Lake Wallenpaupack. I sent you a DM, best of luck!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:19 PM

126 posts, read 327,179 times
Just be sure to keep track of community dues. It can add up quickly--between dues, school tax, property tax, etc. I believe Hemlock is up to $2400 a year! I am not fond of Hemlock in that it has many rules...we lived in Gold key for a while---not recommending it at ALL even though it has a nice lake. We did not have a good experience there.

Do you want to build your own place or find pone already made on a piece of property?

Old 07-12-2009, 08:10 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,903 times
Indian Rocks is in the Western Wayne School District. Overall, it's an affordable community with a few nice amenities (playground, pool, beach, and boat slips on Wallenpaupack.) Community water. Paved roads, with a security patrol.

My only complaint with Indian Rocks is that the layout of their roads can be downright confusing! LOL. I've never really heard anything negative about Indian Rocks at all. I like the community.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
Indian Rocks is in the Western Wayne School District. Overall, it's an affordable community with a few nice amenities (playground, pool, beach, and boat slips on Wallenpaupack.) Community water. Paved roads, with a security patrol.

My only complaint with Indian Rocks is that the layout of their roads can be downright confusing! LOL. I've never really heard anything negative about Indian Rocks at all. I like the community.

Karen, I am pretty sure Indian Rocks does not have paved roads and they do not have security. The have a zoning enforcement officer. At least that is what I saw the last time I was in there.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:04 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,903 times
Indian Rocks does have paved roads - there may be a couple that are unpaved but the vast majority of them are paved. I was just in there the other day.

I know the guy patrolling the roads is not as fancy a security guard as Hemlock and The Hideout has, but he has stopped me more than once when I was in there to make sure I had the right to be in there. I'm sure that he has the right to evict people from the premises who do not belong (in fact, he kicked me out one night when I was there after 5pm. So take note that you can't look at homes in Indian Rocks after 5pm!)

The homeowner dues are currently $523 per year. A boat slip costs $260 per year but there is a 40+ person waiting list at the present time. Water fees are $3 per month for a maintenance fee, then $7.05 per 1000 gallons used.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
Indian Rocks does have paved roads - there may be a couple that are unpaved but the vast majority of them are paved. I was just in there the other day.

I know the guy patrolling the roads is not as fancy a security guard as Hemlock and The Hideout has, but he has stopped me more than once when I was in there to make sure I had the right to be in there. I'm sure that he has the right to evict people from the premises who do not belong (in fact, he kicked me out one night when I was there after 5pm. So take note that you can't look at homes in Indian Rocks after 5pm!)

The homeowner dues are currently $523 per year. A boat slip costs $260 per year but there is a 40+ person waiting list at the present time. Water fees are $3 per month for a maintenance fee, then $7.05 per 1000 gallons used.
Interesting, the road I was on was not paved. I have seen the enforcement officer, there is one guy. He made me get a pass one day and the school district is Western Wayne.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 8,734 times
Thanks so much for the info, it is most helpful. Someone told us The Escape is nearby Indian Rocks.. Seems there are houses there that are single wides as well as one selling for a mil... what is that all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania