Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:28 PM

109 posts, read 162,991 times

Advertisements

ohh and please do not get involved with white supremacist, those people are just sick in their minds!

Old 08-11-2012, 07:29 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

What do we know? We're from NY.

You should have known better ,,, Now your lives are in danger . They know where you live and who you are ,, You can NEVER leave your house alone , Or your car outside .. People like that dont care . Going to jail is a part of their lives .. If I was you I would set up Camera's outside your house on every corner of the house.. You might have opened a can of worms that you cant close again... Go get a rifle in Wal Mart .. Hope Your Hubby Heals quickly ... This is just the start ,, Right now they are planning revenge on you for calling the cops ...

Welcome to the Neighborhood ... I would watch all the Charles Bronson "Death Wish" movies .. It'll get ya all pumped up...

Be careful ...

Dont expect the cops to protect you either ,,, They will come after a crime is committed , They wont sit there in front of your house and babysit .. Id watch the dogs too .. Ive seen people feed the dogs poison.. I would hate to be in the spot that your in ... Good Luck .. I'd be in jail already for a few counts of Homicide ...

Old 08-11-2012, 08:15 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
You should have known better ,,, Now your lives are in danger . They know where you live and who you are ,, You can NEVER leave your house alone , Or your car outside .. People like that dont care . Going to jail is a part of their lives .. If I was you I would set up Camera's outside your house on every corner of the house.. You might have opened a can of worms that you cant close again... Go get a rifle in Wal Mart .. Hope Your Hubby Heals quickly ... This is just the start ,, Right now they are planning revenge on you for calling the cops ...

Welcome to the Neighborhood ... I would watch all the Charles Bronson "Death Wish" movies .. It'll get ya all pumped up...

Be careful ...

Dont expect the cops to protect you either ,,, They will come after a crime is committed , They wont sit there in front of your house and babysit .. Id watch the dogs too .. Ive seen people feed the dogs poison.. I would hate to be in the spot that your in ... Good Luck .. I'd be in jail already for a few counts of Homicide ...
We didn't know better. We were told by RE agents to stay away from Southside. Sorry we did.

I lived in the COUNTRY before moving here. By comparison. I had an acre plus.

Welcome? I still love NEPA and PA. I still love parts of Wilkes-Barre.

These losers and this house are not worth our lives.

May stay in W-B - may not, But good bye to this block.

I can't just leave because we own and we have dogs.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:18 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoscape View Post
ohh and please do not get involved with white supremacist, those people are just sick in their minds!
We aren't. Trash is trash. There were white people involved also. The crap house across the street is mixed.

Whatever, we need to get out.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:36 PM

130 posts, read 251,930 times
Wilkes Barre isn't block to block it's all sketchy and getting worse. This is a clear example of a race crime but you won't see any civil liberties groups coming to your husbands defense they will say he provoked it. This is what liberal groups have accomplished in America. If this were reversed and it were white guys beating a blackguy up while using derogatory names it would be on CNN and Jessie Jackson would set up shop in Wilkes barre!
This is the kind of crap that is on the rise it's easy to tell the filth coming in from Philly and want to get more angry I bet half of them are on a entitlement program more than likely welfare for some made up nonsense like ADHD or depression. They take that money and buy drugs with it. I've been told this by state welfare workers. This is the element in Wilkes barre and Scranton! Lovely isn't it.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:28 PM

207 posts, read 284,735 times
Sheena, I am glad your husband is okay, instances like this are awful. Cowards will be cowards, though. Hope wherever you land you have a much better experience.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-12-2012 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: removed previously deleted quote

Old 08-12-2012, 12:31 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
... and they vote

(sorry to hear this Sheena)

Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Believe it or not, the police on the beat in your neighborhood are not the final word in legal actions. In fact they often take money from drug dealers to not arrest them, probably justifying it by saying to themselves, "drug dealing is a victimless crime, heck I smoke some pot every now and then, and my pay is way too low for what I have to deal with."

Document everything, record video and audio (calling "whitey" while battering someone is technically a hate crime), get hospital records, bring it all to the precinct headquarters, make an appt with the DA. The more you can do in person, the more they will listen.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Believe it or not, the police on the beat in your neighborhood are not the final word in legal actions. In fact they often take money from drug dealers to not arrest them, probably justifying it by saying to themselves, "drug dealing is a victimless crime, heck I smoke some pot every now and then, and my pay is way too low for what I have to deal with."

Document everything, record video and audio (calling "whitey" while battering someone is technically a hate crime), get hospital records, bring it all to the precinct headquarters, make an appt with the DA. The more you can do in person, the more they will listen.
I think this is a good idea actually, Sheena. The cops in Wilkes-Barre are not the most sympathetic lot. Try contacting Stefanie Salavantis: Luzerne County : District Attorney

Stefanie Salavantis
Luzerne County District Attorney
200 North River St.
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
Phone: (570) 825-1674
Fax: (570) 825-1622

Old 08-12-2012, 07:00 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
I'm so sorry, Sheena, to hear of this nightmare! You've traditionally always been so upbeat about Wilkes-Barre's potential, yet now your spouse is living proof as to how the ghetto trash from Philadelphia, NJ, NYC, etc. is destroying the quality-of-life in the Wyoming Valley.

I'm a little surprised at the uptick in crime I've been reading about back in NEPA since I moved away several years ago. It seems like you have more crime there than here in Pittsburgh, where I've occasionally accidentally left my doors unlocked and/or even my WALLET on my front car seat without incident. I live in a lower-middle-class and racially-mixed neighborhood right near a bad neighborhood, too. Since moving here the only crime that has occurred that has hit too close to home was when someone vandalized my car a few weeks ago after unsuccessfully attempting to break in while I was at work (parked in a different neighborhood). It was my own fault, though, for leaving loose change in plain sight.

With that being said while I'm still an ardent proponent of civil rights and diversity I think the upstanding members of a certain race really needs to start encouraging its "ghetto" subset to shape up or ship out. The only troublemakers on my block are of this particular race and routinely argue in the street, blast music in the wee hours of the morning, loiter, use profanity, etc. As an individual who works TWO jobs it irks me to think my taxes are supporting people like that or like the ones who beat your husband senseless. Why can't people WORK? Before Magritte25 flips out on me there ARE jobs---albeit lower-paying ones at restaurants, big-box stores, etc. in/around Wilkes-Barre for those who aren't lazy and actually WANT to work. I have respect for those who need government assistance while working and trying to better themselves. I have ZERO respect for the types who just "hang out" all day causing trouble while sponging off industrious law-abiding taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania