Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 03:28 PM

10 posts, read 31,655 times

Advertisements

hi and happy new year to all// my family is planning a move to either pike or wayne county this summer//we are considering either wayne highlands school district or wallenpaupack school district for our 3 children ages 13/14/10

we would appreciate any help we can get regarding these two schools
one of my boys is into acting and making movies//another is into basketball and also plays saxaphone seriously /another is into photography i am an assistant teacher and my husband does construction/home improvements//we will be relocating from long island we were looking into some developments such as hemlock farms // or if we decide on wayne county we would not be in a development//any ideas on weather one is better than another for the children to stay busy// thanks for your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 06:08 PM

82 posts, read 317,649 times
hmm.... have you considered Delaware Valley?

Old 12-30-2007, 08:38 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
I do know that both schools have very good reputations. I'm partial to Wayne County since I live there! Unfortunately I do not know first hand what each district offers in the way of sports, the arts and music.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:36 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin'for"home" View Post
hmm.... have you considered Delaware Valley?
Everyone is looking to get out of Delaware Valley because of the high taxes. Yeah, we really need artificial turf and more bleachers? The last time I checked....school was for education and learning. DV is rapidly changing with a huge influx of people moving into the district. Check the tax base before you move anywhere and see what each school distrist has to offer.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I do know that both schools have very good reputations. I'm partial to Wayne County since I live there! Unfortunately I do not know first hand what each district offers in the way of sports, the arts and music.
Wayne County is beatiful....any parts located in the LWSD?

Honesdale has an excellent reputation as well.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:07 AM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
I am in Pike County and have kids in the WASD, elementary, middle and high school. My elementary-age kids go to South Elem., in Newfoundland. The school currently includes grades K-6. Middle and high schools are located in Hawley. The district has lots of sports and other activities for students. There are also community leagues for sports.
Tanglwood Development is near me, and I have heard good things about it. If you do a search for Wallenpaupack, you should be able to find more info, as these questions have come up before. If not, feel free to ask anything else that comes to mind.

WASD's website is www.wallenpaupack.org.

Last edited by greentown; 12-31-2007 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: add info

Old 01-26-2008, 08:32 AM

234 posts, read 939,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaiah View Post
hi and happy new year to all// my family is planning a move to either pike or wayne county this summer//we are considering either wayne highlands school district or wallenpaupack school district for our 3 children ages 13/14/10

we would appreciate any help we can get regarding these two schools
one of my boys is into acting and making movies//another is into basketball and also plays saxaphone seriously /another is into photography i am an assistant teacher and my husband does construction/home improvements//we will be relocating from long island we were looking into some developments such as hemlock farms // or if we decide on wayne county we would not be in a development//any ideas on weather one is better than another for the children to stay busy// thanks for your help!!!
As I have posted in another thread, Hemlock Farms is a great community, and I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have school-age kids. Children aren't happy here because there isn't a lot for them to do.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:54 PM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
we are in tanglwood north in pike and love it. its quiet, pretty and just rural enough . taxes are very low because we support next to nothing and use the other area resources like hospitals, police etc. only thing we do support are our schools

Old 01-26-2008, 03:29 PM

I agree Math, the big supporters are the owners of the lake houses. They pay big taxes and most of them are summer time residents.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:58 AM

937 posts, read 2,888,503 times
We also looked in Wayne and Pike Counties while househunting last year. We ended up in Wyoming County. We got more for the money here and absolutely love it. We are about 25 min. West of Clarks Summit and Scranton. It's about an hour from Lake Wallenpaupack depending on which road you take. We couldn't find a large enough home up in Wayne and Pike County, plus we wanted acreage too. We ended up with a large ranch on 3 acres and with a view to die for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania